Tax & Legal - Transfer Pricing - Senior Consultant
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 225,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About Deloitte Tax & Legal
We have a team of approximately 280 professional staff members across South Africa comprised of qualified charted accountants and lawyers who offer specialist insight across many industries.
Deloitte Tax professionals keep current on the latest changes that impact clients' business tax strategy, enabling clients to focus on business objectives while we address the tax requirements.
Deloitte Legal, amongst the largest legal and regulatory service providers in Africa, assists clients operating in increasingly complex legal, regulatory and digital environments through a multidisciplinary approach, combining integrated legal and commercial expertise.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support the Transfer Pricing Manager / Associate Director to provide our clients with the critical expertise to deal effectively with inter-company issues and to articulate the economically significant aspects of their business operations. Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic Direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent Development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
- Tax Laws and Rules – Assesses the business impact of recent developments and changes relating to area of tax specialization for clients
- Delivery excellence – Proactively manages client issues and expectations
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develops informed recommendations
- Technology Tools and Solutions – Articulates how technology enables business processes and is able to communicate its value clearly to clients
Specialized Technical Capabilities
- Economic Analysis – Utilizes benchmarking study constructs to generate range of results based on client’s fact patterns
- Functional & Risk Analysis - Obtains additional information critical to the TP analysis to prepare recommendations of potential TP methods
- Technical Knowledge of Transfer Pricing & Related Rules - Demonstrates awareness of the differences between OECD and foreign transfer pricing rules with local TUP rules and knows where to access this information
- Tax technical ability, specifically in the area of transfer pricing or international tax
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience required
- BCom (Accounting)+ BCompt Hons + CA (SA) or Equivalent Or LLB Admitted Attorney Or Equivalent Taxation Qualification and Experience
- 5 years’ working experience
- Postgraduate qualification in Taxation (Masters in Taxation)
- 3 years in a tax consulting role, transfer pricing experience advantage