Consulting - Lead Architect (Data/BI/Cloud) - Western Cape
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our clients compete.
Our Technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technology challenges, including strategy, procurement, design, delivery and assurance of technology solutions.
About the Role
The successful candidate will join the organisation in the role of an Data Architect . He/she will be part of a highly dynamic and analytical team working in an agile environment.
This role will be responsible for sourcing and transforming a wide range of data across our business into formats that can be used by analysts and end users to develop differentiating business insights.
You will develop analytical modules using the specified toolsets to enable the analytical teams and business to create and analyse complex analytical models. Hence, they need to understand and continuously seek to build knowledge of data and information. In addition, they should be able to use the technology and seek to make use of the features therein to deliver value to the business.
This role will include design and development and also required to investigate data issues, troubleshoot technical issues and devise solutions in line with best practice. A high competency in problem solving capabilities is thus essential. They should be able to communicate technical information to technical teams, as well as be competent in communicating challenges and solutions to project and operational leadership.
An understanding of data management solutions and a keen sense of the strategic value of information to an organisation will be of importance.
The candidate shall exhibit and maintain a positive attitude in a highly agile technical and business environment where information forms the foundation to gain a competitive edge in the market
Key Knowledge areas
- You have a strong data modelling / engineering background with the ability to interpret business requirements and technical solutions to develop components of or complete data models.
- A solid background in SQL, information architecture and ETL procedures is required.
- Led and managed teams, as well as internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Experience working on SAP Hana is preferred and highly advantageous.
- Experience with object-oriented/object functional scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or related is preferred but not essential.
- Data warehousing principles based on Kimball and Vault patterns
- Development experience in BI
- Agile Development
- Development using Java, SQL, etc
Ideal Skills required
- 10+ years' experience as a data engineer / modeller experience in a BI environment. 3-4 years in a lead/senior/architect role.
- Ability to comply to and manage reusable assets under the governance framework of an MOU
- Excellent SQL skills
- Ability to code in Java, Python, R plus other languages - advances, including understanding of SDLC, GIT, Code management / standards / re use and API integration (Expert)
- Ability to do cost estimations for new workloads
· Analytical Thinking
· Highly organised person
· Structured investigation and troubleshooting skills
· Never give up attitude
· Team worker to lead by example
· Documenting of process detail
· Focus on the detail but understand the high-level deadlines to enable delivery on time with limited time
· Functionally and operationally inclined.
· Have a keen eye for detail, but able to think strategically.
· Proactive and a fast learner with a thirst for continuous knowledge enhancement.
· Love collaborating towards a common goal.
· Committed and solution orientated.
· Ability to articulate thoughts and problem statements well.
· Take ownership.
· Motivate people and great at cultivating a culture of teamwork.