Consulting- Finance & Enterprise Performance: Senior Consultant
- 2 Pencarrow, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our client's compete.
Businesses are transforming in many ways: M&A, digital, introduction of new technologies, organisational restructuring, new leaders, and regulatory changes. New and practical insights, driven by data and analytics, are required to drive organisational and people-related business transformation.
Are you a game changer? Do you believe in adding advantage at every level in everything you do? You may be one of us. Deloitte Consulting is growing, with a focus on developing our already powerful teams across our Portfolio of Offerings. We are looking for smart, accountable, innovative professionals with technical expertise and deep industry experience insights. The combination of our 6 areas of expertise, our well-developed Industry structure and our integrated Signature Solutions is a unique offering never seen before on the African continent.
Our areas of expertise:
- Strategy and Innovation: Mergers and Acquisitions, Operations Transformation, Strategy and Business Design
- Human Capital: HR Transformation, Organisation Transformation, Workforce Transformation
- Core Business Operations: Analytics and Cognitive, Industry Solutions, Operations Transformation, System Engineering
- Enterprise Technology & Performance: Finance and Performance, SAP, Supply Chain and Network Operations, Technology Strategy and Transformation
- Customer & Marketing: Advertising, Marketing and Commerce, Customer and Applied Design, Digital Customer
- Managed Services
What impact will you make?
The Finance & Enterprise Performance Offering works as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization. F&EP brings together four different, but highly complementary legacy practices, allowing us to go to market more effectively and bring unparalleled breadth and depth of expertise to our clients which is unmatched by our competitors today.
Main Purpose of Job
Help CFO’s and Finance Executive’s elevate their role through innovative strategies, planning and tactical execution. You will have the ability to apply and develop your experience in the areas of Finance Business Partnering, Finance Service Delivery Model, Finance Performance Management, Finance Process Improvement, Finance Strategy, and Corporate Transactions. Consultants perform accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships at peer client levels. To support Engagement team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project. To promote our leadership capabilities, which are living our purpose, influence, performance drive, strategic direction and talent development
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
What will you do?
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic Impact - Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Budgets / Profitability - Maintains quality and timeous delivery as per SLA
- Solutioning - Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment and work independently
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client’s business
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to select appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Executive Presence - Ability to deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instill confidence in clients
- Logical Structuring - Ability to organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Global Mindset - Ability to apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving
- Business-Technology Acumen - Ability to address client business challenges in the intersection of process and technology
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification
- Must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years Finance Strategies or Finance Service Delivery
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- Experience in a client facing role