Risk Advisory - Cyber Resilience - Manager
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
Our 5 areas are as follows:
* Governance Regulatory & Risk – GRR services help organisations protect and enhance value by managing risks and opportunities, addressing compliance and supporting management and board oversight, including internal audit, through out-of-the-box solutions with the view to turning risks into value-creating opportunities.
* Data Analytics – By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
* Forensic – Deloitte Forensic professionals are a diverse group with a wide and varied range of proficiencies, comprising forensic accountants, legal and law enforcement specialists, and business intelligence experts, all utilising state-of-the-art forensic technology.
* Cyber & Technology Risk – CTR assists organisations in building value, by taking a Risk-Intelligent approach to managing financial, technology and business risks. We leverage our global network and in-depth industry knowledge, to assist organisations in mitigating the risks associated with internal systems, business processes, projects, applications, data and third-party reliance.
Cyber Risk Services provides industry-tailored solutions, using demonstrated methodologies and tools in a consistent manner, with the goal of enabling on-going, secure, and reliable operations across the enterprise.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Supports Senior Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project. Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales skills
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Key Performance Areas
- Support the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Track outputs against Service Level Agreement and report to Senior Manager on any unforeseen issues arising
- Seek to identify additional sales opportunities in client business
- Assist in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request
- Is a support resource in planning of sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Develop market network in business and build relationships that generate leads
- Build relationships across Deloitte service lines to understand broader offerings and seek opportunities for cross-selling
- Generate innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client
- Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
- Monitor that time and expenses on engagement are accurately recorded and submitted weekly
- Manage WIP on engagement and ensure billings are timeously done and collections followed up
- Ability to leverage a keen understanding of the client’s strategy to influence and advise client’s senior leadership on key risk decisions
- Anticipates internal and external implications of the client’s strategy
- Applies a strong understanding of client’s strategy and advises client’s senior leadership accordingly
- Helps clients develop sustainable compliance and risk management programs to address and prepare for an array of enterprise-wide risks
- Uses insight-based approaches to help clients clarify priorities and develop risk strategy that adapts to change in the business environment
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Ability to ensure an effective risk assessment compilation and mitigation plan execution in alignment with the enterprise risk framework, risk culture, and overall business strategy
- Partners with client’s senior leaders to define scope and strategic planning for risk assessment and mitigation projects
- Provides teams with strategic guidance by leveraging an in-depth understanding of the client’s risk culture, key industry trends, and leading practices
- Influences client’s senior leaders to effectively implement risk mitigation solutions
- Facilitates workshops with senior leaders to enable risk governance processes
- Maintains a diverse network of resources across the Firm to leverage during the assessment process to ensure all risk facets are considered
- Ability to lead projects and provide strategic direction across the account to deliver a superior client experience
- Accepts overall responsibility and establishes appropriate controls for optimizing engagement profitability and managing risk in accordance with the contract, project plan, and Deloitte quality standards
- Defines how the engagement should impact broader business objectives and creates a team environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting engagement objectives
- Ensures clients are aware of their responsibilities for the engagement and appropriately manages clients against these expectations
- Promotes a unified go-to-market strategy by maintaining an account-wide view, surfacing relevant impacts and inputs, and communicating a clear direction across teams
- Resolves escalated scope, timeline, or resourcing issues and shapes team’s priorities to address most urgent and relevant tasks
- Maintains a diverse network of resources to execute engagements on time and on budget, leveraging Deloitte subject matter experts (SMEs) when needed
- Sets the tone of continuous review and refinements with engagement teams to ensure quality delivery
- Challenges scope of engagement and recommends new solutions to better address client's business needs when required
Reporting and Presentations:
- Ability to ensure reports and presentation are strategically aligned with the client’s goals and drive business success
- Simplifies complex business problems to help engagement team conduct root cause analysis
- Recommends new and innovative approaches to develop robust, compelling and targeted reports and presentations
- Leverages reports and presentations to build a convincing business case to influence client’s adoption of recommendations
Knows the Business and the Industry:
- Ability to understand the client’s business, interpret sector trends, and learn leading practices
- Stays current on business trends and industry practices
- Conducts research on economic, sector, and market conditions to better understand the client’s needs
- Applies business and industry experience to assigned areas of responsibilities
- Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas in a clear and composed manner to instill confidence in team and clients
- Understands the linkage between personal and Deloitte brand and demonstrates the professionalism and interpersonal maturity to reinforce both reputations
- Respects and responds with sensitivity to the concerns and viewpoints of others
- Gains the confidence of the client by demonstrating an understanding of and active interest in their business
Provides Strategic Cyber Resilience Advisory:
- Ability to advise client’s leadership on strategies to prepare for, respond to, and recover from cyber incidents
- Helps client’s senior stakeholders understand the scope and limitations of their cyber resilience programs relative to leading practices, industry trends, and regulatory expectations
- Defines and communicates strategies for the design and implementation of client’s cyber resilience programs
- Supports client’s management’s efforts to manage and strategically respond to cyber incidents
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
- Bachelor / Honours Degree (Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering)
- 5 years' working experience, 3 years in a client-facing role