Communication Specialist - Fixed Term (Ref No: DTT-170919-01)
- Plot No. 71, Off George Walker Bush Highway, North Dzorwulu, Accra, Ghana
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Ghana’s power sector. The objective of programme is to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objectives in selected countries in the West Africa region.
Direct Report: Deputy Chief of Party
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for leading the programmes communications activities. As directed by the Chief of Party or their designee, the Communications Specialist shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
- Enforce project adherence to the programmes branding and marketing plan and general compliance with Power Africa expressed standards and branding. Maintain a thorough understanding of Power Africa communications and branding regulations, as well as contract requirements, and educate others about these requirements as necessary.
- Lead development of external communications material (written and multimedia), from the design stage through to the distribution stage. This will include success stories, which should be produced on at least a quarterly basis to showcase project accomplishments.
- Develop content for distribution through social media channels.
- Liaise with local and international media representatives to facilitate interviews, inform coverage of the power sector, promote project activities and events, etc.
- Support promotion of project events and coordinate communications with third parties, counterparts, and stakeholders as needed.
- Support the writing, editing, design, and proofreading of reports and deliverables, ensuring quality and compliance.
Experience and Educational Requirement
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc)
- Minimum of 6 years cognate experience
- Demonstrated experience leading communications activities in the region
- Experience with an International Development Agency is preferred
- Strong ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials clearly in English. French language skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and produce concise, accurate and impartial reports, narratives, summaries and recommendations
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, scientific and technical terminology into terms understandable to the general public
- Work independently within established guidelines, prioritize and coordinate activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Perform work assignments related to environmental inspections, compliance, monitoring, regulation, and research
- Work cooperatively with others; build and maintain constructive relationships with those encountered during course of work; respond effectively and tactfully to hostility, confusion or concerns expressed by others
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative to accomplish assignments
- Use appropriate interpersonal style and approach to ensure team cohesiveness and cooperation
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent on or before Monday, 30 September 2019.