Office Manager - Fixed Term (Ref No: DTT-170919-10)
- Plot No. 71, Off George Walker Bush Highway, North Dzorwulu, Accra, Accra, Ghana
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Ghana’s power sector. The objective of programme is to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building, and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objectives in selected countries in the West Africa region.
The Office Manager will be responsible for working closely with the Deputy Chief of Party and the Finance Manager to oversee all aspects of the project’s administrative, operations, and finance activities.
- Develop, implement, and enforce project policies, protocols, and procedures relating to time and expense reporting, finance, accounting, human resources, travel, staffing, procurement, and other operations activities in alignment with our client and Deloitte policies and procedures
- Assist in preparing reports and deliverables including accrual reports, burn rate projections, quarterly reports, annual reports, and responding to other ad hoc reporting requests
- Oversee human resource management functions for local staff including obtaining appropriate approvals and vetting, negotiating salaries, collecting required documentation, and employment contract execution
- Manage procurement of goods and services in compliance with our clients and Deloitte policies and procedures
- Support travel coordination and event management
- Maintain timeliness and quality control process for relevant deliverables and financial management processes
Coordinate effective office operations including overseeing office supply Lead recruitment, onboarding, training, and oversight of team members as required
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc.)
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience
- Experience leading operations, administration, and financial activities in the region
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials clearly in English. French language skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and produce concise, accurate and impartial reports, narratives, summaries and recommendations
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, scientific and technical terminology into terms understandable to the general public
- Work independently within established guidelines, prioritize and coordinate activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Perform work assignments related to environmental inspections, compliance, monitoring, regulation, and research
- Work cooperatively with others; build and maintain constructive relationships with those encountered during course of work; respond effectively and tactfully to hostility, confusion or concerns expressed by others
- Develop, prepare, and present studies and reports to governmental boards, civic organizations and other groups
- Effectively represent the department in contacts and relationships with the public, local business community and other government agencies
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative to accomplish assignments
- Use appropriate interpersonal style and approach to ensure team cohesiveness and cooperation
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent on or before Monday, 30 September 2018.