Audit & Assurance - Audit Manager - Western Cape
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
Technical and Professional Capabilities
· Stakeholder Focus: Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements
· Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses: Takes an independent view and contributes heavily in developing and challenging the risk assessment and controls testing strategy and designing appropriate audit responses for risks
· Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work: Collaborates effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver a seamless audit that is responsive to stakeholder needs
· Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: Provides appropriate guidance to the audit team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
· Manage project plans to optimize engagements: Proactively manages the project plan through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of assigned tasks, guiding team members’ prioritization
· Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: Uses judgement and consults appropriately when dealing with complex matters, applying an appropriate level of professional skepticism
· Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying best practice and actively encouraging appropriate behaviours of engagement teams
- Strategic Impact: Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
Budgets / Profitability: Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
Development/Growth of Team: Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
- Minimum Qualifications - Registered CA
- Minimum 5 years working experience within Financial Services
- Desired - 3 years in a client facing role
- Delivering on challenging audit engagements across the insurance industry
- Sustain Profitability
- Proactively contribute to the business strategies of the firm in all aspects
- Talent Management
- Risk and quality Management