- 3rd Floor Rwenzori House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Tax, Legal & BPS team as a Tax Associate. You will ensure that the client and Firm’s expectations are met by delivering high quality services and maintaining high utilisation levels.
What you will do
- Provide assistance to the Tax Senior with Annual Tax Compliance and where applicable to provide tax figures for inclusion in the financial statements in accordance to IAS 12, Income Taxes;
- Assist the Tax Senior with the monthly compliance portfolio covering VAT, PAYE, WHT and other statutory deduction based on approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Prepare tax opinions for review by the Tax Senior based on queries raised by clients on tax treatment of various;
- Participate in tax trainings including delivery on assigned topics;
- Perform client acceptance procedures at the request of the Tax Senior in accordance with Deloitte’s risk guidelines;
- Research and analyze tax legislation, cases and other information relevant to client service delivery;
- Assist with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files;
- Support the tax department in follow-up of clients of invoices for work done and letters of engagement.
Key performance areas
- Strategic Impact
- Tax laws and rules.
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Technology tools and solutions
- At least an upper second class honor's degree from a recognised institution preferably in Engineering, Accounting,
- Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Actuarial Science or related field;
- Undertaking studies leading to qualification in specific area (i.e. ACCA, CPA , PGD in Tax or ADIT ) is added advantage;
- A minimum of 17 points for candidates that did four (4) principle subjects at 'A' Level or equivalent;
- A minimum of 16 points for candidates that did three (3) principle subjects at 'A' Level or equivalent; - A first Grade in 'O' Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Taxation;
- Demonstrate strong communication, negotiation, numerical and analytical skills;
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly;
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines; and,
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
Living our Purpose - Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence - Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive - Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction - Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Talent development - Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #ImpactThatMatters.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please note that candidates that do not attached their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
Closing date: 26 September 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.