Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
- 3rd Floor Rwenzori House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Tax, Legal & BPS team as a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist . You will ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm.
What you will do
- Develop and implement a results-based M&E framework and methodology for the specific program;
- Create effective M&E information systems to support monitoring activities. Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts;
- Determine indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting;
- Ensure that the M&E tool is adaptable to use to improve activity performance and that relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders;
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to measure the performance, impact, and sustainability of relevant project; and,
- Monitor compliance with M&E activities and act as a focal point to organize and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations and/or After Action Reviews (AARs).
Key performance areas
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Tax laws and rules.
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Technology tools and solutions
- Graduate degree in economics, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, or other relevant field preferred;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Additional professional credentials preferred (such as, illustratively, a Ph.D. in a required field, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, industrial or other professional certifications that denote specific technical, business, or industry qualifications relevant to the required area of work);
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience in the development of M&E systems and/or performance-based management;
- Previous work experience in Uganda or East Africa is preferred;
- Substantial international development experience, including substantial experience working on donor-development partner-funded activities(Previous experience on a USAID Funded Project preferred);
- Direct experience with leading M&E efforts particularly the requirements pertaining to Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plans (AMELPs) and activity indicators;
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; field-based, hands-on, and long-term M&E implementation experience is preferred;
- Strong capability to carry out economic and statistical analysis;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing project Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans;
- Experience in working with team members on collecting information and analyzing and identifying lessons learned with others to serve as a feedback tool to incorporate back into activity implementation;
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on verbal and written communication; and,
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, organizational skills, timeliness, and work ethic.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction.
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #ImpactThatMatters.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please note that candidates that do not attached their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
Closing date: 26 September 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.