- 3rd Floor Rwenzonri House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Tax, Legal & BPS team as a Tax Manager. You will ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm.
What you will do
- Overall responsibility for managing client portfolio and ensuring client service delivery;
- Ensure that all client assignments are well planned and conducted to the required standards, within agreed time and financial budgets and in adherence to the Firm’s approved procedures and methodologies;
- Management of staff in the tax department;
- Communicating risk strategy and policies for Tax;
- Participating in budgeting as well as monthly and year-end reporting;
- Debtor and WIP management;
- Responsible for implementation of the Tax strategy and overall Deloitte strategy in Uganda;
- Assessing the impact of changes in tax law and accounting principles on client business;
- Develop and manage sound business relationships, market the Firm with the aim of maintaining and winning new business;
- Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department including training and overall guidance on different aspects;
- Responsible for supervising and coaching junior team members; and,
- Recruitment of staff in tax department subject to approval and participation in overall recruitment for the office.
Key performance areas
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Tax laws and rules.
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Technology tools and solutions
- Graduate Degree in Taxation, Accounting, Finance, International Business Management, Law or Economics or any other relevant field;
- Additional professional credentials preferred (such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, ADIT industrial or other professional certifications that denote specific technical, business, or industry qualifications relevant to the required area of work) will be an added advantage;
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience in in tax practice in a reputable firm/ Revenue Authority and or industry;
- Strong project management and organization skills and must be able to multi-task;
- Team oriented and self-motivated;
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on verbal and written communication;
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, organizational skills, timeliness, and work ethic; and,
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction.
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #ImpactThatMatters.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please note that candidates that do not attached their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
Closing date: 26 September 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.