Internal Client Services – Risk and Independence - Risk & Independence Senior
- Waiyaki Way, Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across five (5) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
The Risk Independence & Legal function deals with any issues that potentially expose Deloitte to risk. The risk, independence and legal issues impacting the firm are varied and may include reputational, operational, litigation and regulatory risk.
Risk Management is about identifying and managing risks to the firm. This includes checks necessary to ensure that the individual professionals act and make decisions that achieve the objectives of the firm, comply with professional and legal requirements and that are ethical.
The role of Independence is not only to make sure there is an effective compliance framework in place, but also to raise awareness of the issues involved and encourage consultation whenever questions or concerns arise.
The Legal Counsel team provides internal legal assistance to the Firm in disputes, Litigation and compliance
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
We are seeking to recruit a Risk & Independence Senior in our Internal Client Services department – Risk Independence & Legal in East Africa.
- Lead projects and tasks within the department
- Assist with risk and independence consultations
- Implementing the Africa disciplinary framework and business relationship monitoring program
- Facilitation of Risk and Independence related trainings
- Working with key executive management to bridge gaps identified through our monitoring programs
- Take part in projects related to Independence systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with a minimum upper second class.
- Relevant work experience for at least 4 to 5 years in Audit, Compliance or/and Risk Management.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Effective presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and undertake research initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Key performance areas
- Make a strategic impact to the firm through independently assisting the team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives.
- Has effective working relationships within client business to better understand their requirements.
- Operational effectiveness by providing the team with detailed reporting on status of deliverables on a regular basis.
- Understands context of own delivery against timelines.
- Actively work to address identified development areas.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with use of internet.
- Demonstrably planning and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our and values and puts these into practice in their professional lives.
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
- Performance drive - Seek opportunities to drive self, teams with others to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/ke
Closing date: 18 September 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.