Senior Manager - C&I - Marketing - Executive Education - Western Cape
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong.
The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people, inclusive of *Human resources, *Information technology, *Marketing and Communications, *Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
What you will do?
Support the Deloitte growth agenda through a clear focus on enhancing the Deloitte NED programme, especially having a clear focus on enhancing relationship building opportunities with future and up-and-coming NEDs. This position aims to assist partners in accelerating their ability to build relationships with NEDs, especially future and up-and-coming NEDs and female NEDs.
This role could include the following initiatives:
· Drive leadership development programme for next generation board talent that can play to a shadow board agenda.
· Be a business partner to Deloitte partners to support relationship development activities on their respective client portfolios; integrating their activity with our executive and boardroom programmes and implementing a relationship planning process for Lead Client Service Partners and their teams, designed to prioritise client relationships with clear relationship owners and action plans.
· Support the Deloitte Women on Boards programme – a leadership development programme designed to support senior executives with the ability and ambition to take on a Non-Executive Director role over the next 12-24 months.
· Implement a framework to drive internal cultural change around adopting a long term approach to client relationship development.
The candidate will be required to have a clear focus on the Western Cape NED programme. However, as new NEDs residing outside of the province are increasingly being appointed to Western Cape based boards, the link with the Africa NED programme and frequent traveling to Gauteng is a pre-requisite.
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
- Technical expert in specific functional area
- Demonstrated capability in interaction at all levels, briefing, analysis and project management skills
- Experience in drafting and delivering presentations
- Good report writing skills
- Sound financial knowledge and understanding
Core Professional Behavioural Capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Problem solving ability
- Good business acumen
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary degree
- CIM Accreditation essential
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience within professional services organisation, of which 5 years' at a Senior Management level within a marketing or customer environment
- A relevant track record of strategy, development and execution of Leadership and Executive programmes essential
- The incumbent shall be required to travel extensively to Gauteng and other member firms