Risk Advisory - Data Analytics - Consultant - Cape Town
- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Governance Regulatory & Risk services help organisations protect and enhance value by managing risks and opportunities, addressing compliance and supporting management and board oversight, including internal audit, through out-of-the-box solutions with the view to turning risks into value-creating opportunities.
Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to do scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
Our solutions include:
- Advanced Analytics
- Enterprise Data Management
- ERP Analytics
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
A junior support resource to team in delivery of services to a client on delegated engagements / projects.
Key Competencies required:
Key Performance areas
1. Strategic Impact
- Under guidance, supports the delivery efforts of the engagement team in area of competency
- Conducts research for engagement / project as delegated and provides meaningful analysis / output
- Identifies possible opportunities for follow-on work and advises management
- Assists in preparation of client presentations / discussion documentation as directed
2. Client Impact: External / Internal
- Contributes to decisions by engagement team by providing fact based and pertinent recommendations from research / analysis / client interaction
- Communicates regularly with Engagement Manager and team members on status of allocated deliverables
- Develops productive working relationships with client staff
- Informs Engagement Manager of any possible emerging engagement change issues
- Responds with urgency and accountability to client and team requests
3. Operational Effectiveness
- Understands the context and impact of own role within engagement and conducts work accordingly
- Consistently reviews and analyses accuracy and quality of own deliverables prior to submission for review by senior
- Develops awareness of risk in area of engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies
- Maintains clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status effecting their outputs
4. Development/Growth of Team
- Cultivates ability to give effective development feedback both upward and to peers
- Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
5. Budgets / Profitability
- Submits any billing, expense claims and timesheets on time
- Basic technical knowledge in specific area and/or industry
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Basic business acumen
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to develop self
- Client delivery focus
- Focus on quality
- Problem solving ability
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies
As a Consultant in the team, you will be a support resource to the Engagement team in delivery of services at clients on delegated engagements. You will learn how daily tasks contributes to the priorities of the business. In doing so you will strengthen your exposure to the firm’s purpose & values and explores opportunities for impact.
Qualifications & Experience required
- University degree in mathematics, statistics, information technology or business informatics or computer science, engineering
- At least 2 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html