Accounting and Auditing: Risk Operations and Monitoring Manager/Senior Manager
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Sandton, 2080, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Capital Markets Team
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
Main Purpose of Job
Support the audit practice‘s System of Quality controls and the implementation and application of the auditing standards, methodology and applicable regulations through
· Regulator’s inspections
· Internal inspections
Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Honours Accounting Degree
Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
7 years working experience
5 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role
Key Performance Areas:
1. Strategic Impact
- Supports the implementation of strategy of the Service Line / Business Area in relation to specific area of expertise
- Implements the strategy within area of responsibility by conforming to plans set by leadership in all engagements / projects including:
- Revenue targets
- Talent management
- Communication to teams
- Tracking of plans in engagements / projects
- Network with key players and builds long-term relationships
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines for cross-selling opportunities and combined engagement pursuits
- Identifies innovative solutions on projects / engagements to enhance / renew service offerings to client
· Drives own client portfolio and profitable book of business (depending on SL/BU)
2. Practice Support/ Internal Client Focus
· Acts as point of consultation for practitioners from the Africa Audit Practice.
· Uses experience, research and other proven methodologies to develop solutions to practitioner issues (across Pan Africa). Design best practices to be used by practitioners.
Logs all consultations and ensure all chargeable consultations are charged.
3. Manages and Executes Projects/tasks
· Prepares and management of project plan, timelines and budget for designated projects.
Involvement and assistance in other A&A projects, where required.
4. External Client Service
· Acts as manager on an audit client.
Provides services to other external clients e.g. other DTT member firms etc.
5. Practice Review/Monitoring Activities
· Acts as a reviewer in the continuous monitoring programme.
· Identifies non-compliance with methodology
· Uses experience, research and the Deloitte Methodology to develop solutions to practitioner issues (across Pan Africa). Design best practices to be used by practitioners.
· Understands how EMS functions, best practices and keeping abreast of changes.
· Challenges Partners on Risk identification, Designed approach to address the risk
· Understands and challenges the use of audit enablers
· Facilitates on the job learning.
· Demonstrates responsibility for attracting/retaining staff especially those that fall into these categories - black, female, disabled
· Develops and promotes integrated solutions, setting up an integrated project team where necessary.
· Provide coaching to managers that is constructive, insightful, focused on strengths & development areas & empowers the manager to play a pivotal role in the team.
7. Develops Self Continuously learns and improves
· Enhances core knowledge through focused reading and additional e-learning. At a minimum the following are considered to be key learning areas to be familiar with:
• Risk Assessment guide
• Internal Controls guide
• Financial Distress and Going Concern
• Group Audit guide and Shared
Service Centre guide
• Cross-border Audits guide
• New auditor’s report
· Keeps up to date with latest auditing, regulatory and accounting developments. Demonstrate awareness of latest emerging issues.
Understands how EMS functions, best practices and keeping abreast of changes.
· Participates in facilitation of learning events as required which includes communicating complex ideas clearly & concisely and development of high-quality formal writing style.
· Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Proven ability to manage and execute projects
· Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
· Excellent report writing skills
· Good financial knowledge
· Sound business acumen
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
· Strong client delivery focus
· Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
· Focus on quality and risk
· Sound problem solving ability