Actuarial and Analytics Solutions - Analsyt/ Senior Analyst
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Sandton, 2080, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Capital Markets Team
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
An entry-level support resource to team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects.
Qualifications & Experience required
· Hold a relevant numerate or computer science degree
· Minimum of one year relevant work experience
· Experience using the suite of Microsoft Office software (specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
· Experience using relevant analytics platforms (SAS, SQL, Python, Power BI)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
What you’ll do / Specialized Competencies
- Support consultants and management in the sales process and delivery of projects
- Gain exposure to a wide range of projects, clients and industries
- Assist with analysis to determine client needs and prepare client recommendations utilising a combination of industry knowledge, tools and technology
- Demonstrate personal insight when solving business issues
- Carry out research, data collection and conduct analysis
- Compile financial models
- Carry out analytical exercises such as customer segmentation analysis and activity-based costing
- Assist with statistical (regression-based) modelling using the SAS software system
- Assist with the development of reporting dashboards
- Compile reports, marketing documentation and presentations
- Contribute to business development
Key Competencies required:
Key Performance areas
- Under guidance, supports the delivery efforts of the engagement team in area of competency
- Conducts research for engagement / project as delegated and provides meaningful analysis / output
- Identifies possible opportunities for follow-on work and advises management
- Assists in preparation of client presentations / discussion documentation as directed
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Contributes to decisions by engagement team by providing fact based and pertinent recommendations from research / analysis / client interaction
- Communicates regularly with Engagement Manager and team members on status of allocated deliverables
- Develops productive working relationships with client staff
- Informs Engagement Manager of any possible emerging engagement change issues
- Responds with urgency and accountability to client and team requests
- Understands the context and impact of own role within engagement and conducts work accordingly
- Consistently reviews and analyses accuracy and quality of own deliverables prior to submission for review by senior
- Develops awareness of risk in area of engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies
- Maintains clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status effecting their outputs
Development/Growth of Team
· Cultivates ability to give effective development feedback both upward and to peer
· Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
Budgets / Profitability
- Submits any billing, expense claims and timesheets on time
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Performance Drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Strategic Direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Talent Development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent