Financial Services Advisory - Manager/Senior Manager (Credit Risk)
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Sandton, 2080, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Financial Services Advisory (“FS Advisory”) is an established advisor within the financial services industry. Their vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to financial services institutions and corporate treasury operations across Africa.
Their service offering includes:
- Credit Risk
- Balance Sheet Management (Including Enterprise Risk Management, Stress-testing and Economic Value)
- Regulatory Advisory and Assurance
- IFRS Advisory
- Corporate Treasury
FS Advisory furthermore incorporate the service offering of Business Optimization Services which focuses on enabling their service offerings listed above through enhancing clients’ processes and data management frameworks within their organisations.
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Purpose of the role
To support leadership in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements and projects.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- University Graduate, preferably BSc (in Statistics or Mathematics); Financial Engineering or Actuarial Science.
Minimum Experience Required
- Financial Modelling experience– technical knowledge in PD, EAD, LGD, Basel II and IAS39.
- 4-5 years credit experience at a Bank or Consulting professional firm
- Retail credit risk experience is preferable, but strong corporate credit is also acceptable.
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Business Process Assessment and Design
- Data Management and Technology
- Global Mind-set
- Internal Controls Assessment and Design
- Knows the Business and the Industry
- Sales and Business Development
Specialized Technical Capabilities:
- Designs and Manages Conduct Risk Solutions - Ability to guide teams through the design and implementation of conduct risk solutions that help clients establish a risk intelligent culture that aligns with the overall business strategy
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Extensive knowledge of standards such as COBIT, ISO27002 and best practice frameworks such as ITIL Enterprise application assessments including process performance improvement and utilization assessments
- GRC technology enablement, integrating/automating risk capabilities, risk assessment and compliance transformation
- Technical understanding of technology platforms, operating systems, system development life cycle, change management, information security, databases.
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. It is our intention to promote representation (race, gender, disability) in line with our Employment Equity targets.