FSA Senior Valuations Manager
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Sandton, 2080, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
· Building and reviewing derivative valuation models
· Take initiative in identifying and implementing process improvement where required
· Problem solving
· Issue resolution: technical (quantitative) and engagement related queries
· Knowledge sharing and team guidance
· Manage and oversee client relationships, fees and budgets
· Responsible for managing client delivery teams and overseeing their work
· Communicate upward and downward feedback on technical matters around IFRS or derivative valuations
· Assist in growing the profitability of the team and service offering
· Mentor and coach junior staff
· Project management on multiple clients across multiple industries with a focus on banking
· Research relevant industry topics
Main Purpose of Job
To support service / business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan through the effective management of team/s.
Skills and Qualifications Required
· Degree qualified in either Maths/Stats/Actuarial
· Experience in Matlab an advantage
· Experience in VBA an advantage
· Strong MS Excel skills
· MS Word
· MS PowerPoint
· Good knowledge of accounting standards an advantage
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Cross Consulting Capabilities
- Delivery Excellence
- Knows the Business and Sector
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
· Practical knowledge and experience with pricing of vanilla and exotic derivative instruments in a risk neutral framework is required
· Understanding and practical computational experience of of CVA, DVA, FVA and other xVAs where relevant is required
· Pricing of equity options falling within the ambient of BEE and share scheme transactions (IFRS 2)