Financial Services Advisory (FSA): Technical Accounting Insurance Manager
- Woodlands Dr, Woodmead, Sandton, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the insurance strategy within Financial Services Advisory. This strategy is targeted at Tier 1 and Tier 2 insurers and requires a level of competence in the areas of insurance process accounting, IFRS 17, SAM and regulatory reporting.
- Delivering on the following service offerings to clients within the competencies listed above, with a specific focus on IFRS 17 delivery:
- Business impact assessments and gap analyses;
- Technical accounting opinions and advice;
- Development of financial reporting templates, financial statements and general ledger configurations;
- Secondments to clients to support their IFRS 17, regulatory reporting and/or SAM processes;
- IFRS 17 implementations and financial reporting transformation project, supported by the Deloitte Risk Advisory, Actuarial & Insurance Solutions, Human Capital and Tax divisions.
- Developing expertise in other International Financial Reporting Standards that impact insurers, including IFRS 9, IFRS 13 and IFRS 15.
- Preparing and delivering of training material to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to thought leadership and sharing of knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and teams.
- Managing client engagements and maintaining oversight of all engagements / projects within sphere of responsibility.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Qualified CA’s / Managers with 1 to 2 years’ post-Articles experience from a Big 4 Professional services firm
- Must be able to travel locally and internationally
- Must be interested in Insurance and implementing new accounting standards such as IFRS17
- Must have current technical accounting experience
- Prior insurance industry experience will be preferable
- Must be willing to invest time to up-skill, so as to be able to implement. Training will be provided
- Prior involvement in implementing a new accounting standard such as IFRS 9, 15 or 16 will be advantageous