Actuarial and Analytics Solutions - Graduate
- Woodlands Dr, Woodmead, Sandton, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
About the Division
The Actuarial and Analytics Solutions (A&AS) team specialises in providing unique solutions through a combination of actuarial and advanced analytics skills that extends across businesses and industries. We create meaningful partnerships with clients and public entities, providing meaningful, value-added services.
An entry-level support resource to team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects.
Key Performance Areas
- Support consultants and management in the sales process and delivery of projects
- Gain exposure to a wide range of projects, clients and industries
- Assist with analysis to determine client needs and prepare client recommendations utilising a combination of industry knowledge, tools and technology
- Carry out research, data collection and conduct analysis
- Compile financial models
- Carry out analytical exercises such as customer segmentation analysis and activity-based costing
- Assist with statistical (regression-based) modelling using the SAS software system
- Assist with the development of reporting dashboards
- Compile reports, marketing documentation and presentations
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Performance Drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Strategic Direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Talent Development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
Qualifications & Experience required
- BSc Degree in Computer Science/Actuarial Studies Degree from a recognised University
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.