Financial Services Advisory - Consultant/ Senior Consultant
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Sandton, 2080, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Capital Markets Team
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
- Actuarial & Analytics Solutions
Main Purpose of Job
Develop and grow the Regulatory Advisory proposition by leading client projects, bringing practical experience to the team, building Deloitte’s eminence in this space and driving new business initiatives. The focus area of this role will specifically be Market Risk and the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB), as well as Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book.
- Honours or Masters degree in Quantitative Risk, Mathematics or Statistics
- 1-3 years in Market Risk
- In-depth understanding of financial derivatives and their valuation.
- Experience in risk measurement and analysis in terms of all standard risk metrics (sensitivities, stress, VaR and tail metrics).
- Having performed FRTB QISs (Quantitative Impact Studies for the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book), and any potential implementation work done to date.
- Experience with Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book, Asset and Liability Management, Balance Sheet Management.
- Strong background on governance and controls, policies and procedure documentation.
- Experience on Market Risk, ALM and Front Office systems, e.g. RiskWatch, Murex, Calypso, Sungard, QRM, etc.
What you will do / Specialized Competencies
The Regulatory Advisory proposition works with our Deloitte Centre for Regulatory Strategy (Africa Desk) to identify and analyse regulatory developments across Africa.
· Analyses regulatory developments within South Africa, Africa and key markets which have a strong influence on local regulatory developments such as the UK, EU and the USA.
· Identifies clients and sectors impacted by the regulatory developments.
· Develops tailored sector and client-specific solutions in response to opportunities identified and assists clients in executing on these.
Through the adoption of a strategic and forward-looking approach to the identification and analysis of emerging financial services regulations, the proposition affords our clients the ability to identify and understand the changing regulations and the impact that this can have on their strategies and underlying business models. The team possess several regulatory experts, who focus on interacting with those individuals at our clients charged with accountability to manage their organisation’s response to changes in financial services regulations.
The main focus areas of this role will be Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (Traded Market Risk), but the candidate will also be required to assist with other regulations (notably Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book / IRRBB) as they come to the fore.
You will be expected to grow this business line by identifying new opportunities at clients or in the industry as a whole, as well as to lead client projects related to the subject matter above.
Key Performance areas
1. Strategic Impact
- Supports the Partner on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Tracks outputs against Service Level Agreement and reports to Partner on any unforeseen issues arising
- Seeks to identify additional sales opportunities in client business
- Assists in the preparation of proposals / tenders and presentations on request
- Is a support resource in planning of sales presentations and client negotiation teams for new and retained business
- Develops market network in business and builds relationships that generate business leads
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines to understand broader offerings and seeks opportunities for cross-selling
- Generates innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client
2. Client Impact: External / Internal
- Manages day-to-day deliverables of team on client engagements / projects
- Proactively identifies client service and technical issues and implements resolutions to address these
- Develops productive working relationships with client teams
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with external clients across industries
- Participates in thought leadership process and shares functional and industry knowledge and expertise with clients, colleagues and teams
3. Operational Effectiveness
- Leads delivery of team and identifies and addresses any areas of concern in outputs
- Manages engagement / project risk to ensure that the firm’s risk policies as well as risk to client confidentiality is aligned at all times
- Consistently reviews and analyses standard and quality of team deliverables and implements changes as necessary
- Meets regularly with client and client teams to understand issues, anticipate needs and address these
- Keeps Partner updated on status of engagement
- Communicates need for any changes in engagement / project plan to Partner for discussion with Engagement sponsor / client
- Provides ongoing communication to teams on status of engagement / project, changes, achievements, etc.
- Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
4. Development/Growth of Team
- Shares expertise and knowledge with team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
- Develops good working relationships with key talent in team
- Monitors resource requirements for engagement and communicates to Partner the need for increase / decrease in team headcount
- Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
5. Budgets / Profitability
- Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
- Monitors that time and expenses on engagement are accurately recorded and submitted weekly
- Manages cost on engagement and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organization:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction