Consulting - Supply Chain - Manager
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent, La Lucia Ridge Office Estate, Umhlaga, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our clients compete.
Our global network of Strategy & Operations professionals draws on the strength of Deloitte’s full suite of professional services and industry experience to focus solutions on the real issues affecting businesses today.
Click here to read more about Deloitte Consulting.
Main Purpose of Job
To support Senior Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project.
Key Performance areas:
- Seeks to identify additional sales opportunities in client business
- Assists in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request
- Develops market network in business and builds relationships that generate leads
- Builds relationships across Deloitte service lines to understand broader offerings and seeks opportunities for cross-selling
- Generates innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client
Budgets / Profitability
Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
Business development of supply chain engagements at all levels from strategic, tactical to operational
Problem solving and design of supply chain related projects
Ongoing delivery and development of the supply chain practice – proactive contribution to the Supply chain COP
Delivery Excellence- Ability to plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
Knows the Business and Sector – Ability to comprehend how the clients business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practises
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving – Ability to identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgement
Entrepreneurship – Ability to identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive business value for our clients
Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
Executive Presence - Ability to develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
Global Mind-set - Ability to leverage cross-geography insights and practitioners to enhance client service delivery
Business Technology Acumen - Ability to articulate how technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients
Service Line Capabilities
- Understands End-to-End Supply Chain Process - Ability to comprehend the complexities of end-to-end supply chain processes and helps clients make decisions considering interdependencies within and outside of the supply chain
- Delivers Core Offering Expertise - Ability to leverage deep expertise in one market offering/sub-offering to make recommendations that enable client’s strategic agenda
Qualifications & Experience Required
BSC Engineering (Mechanical, Process, Chemical)
Minimum 5-8 years working experience in a consulting environment in supply chain related
Significant experience in supply chain work from an strategic, tactical and operational point of view
Proven ability to create markets and develop client accounts and to deliver supply chain related projects
Qualifications in any of the following would be a distinct advantage:
Business Administration (MBA or equivalent)
Whilst not a strict requirement, a MBA is a definite advantage
3 years in a client facing and delivery role
Must have Management Consulting Experience