Industry Strategist, Financial Services, Manager / Senior Manager - Client & Industries - Internal Client Services
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Sandton, 2080, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
Main Purpose of Job
Directly support the Industry Leader to champion leadership in the implementation of the industry strategy within the business through effective management and development of the team and building of strong relationships across service business areas.
The Industry Strategist will need to have:
· An understanding of the firm, our clients and how we service those clients.
· Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise, set and meet deadlines.
· Strategic and creative thinking skills and the ability to express that in writing, in presentations and verbally.
· Strong excel and presentation skills
· Ability to develop effective working relationships with the most senior people across the firm.
· Very strong organisation skills, initiative and proactive approach.
· A strong sense of urgency and flexibility.
· Ability to work under pressure, show determination and persistence.
· Ability to effectively work with and influence senior stakeholders.
Financial Services Industry
Our industry purpose is to work with Financial Services clients across Africa to develop and implement innovative, fit for purpose and cost effective solutions to achieve the following:
· Drive the growth agendas for our clients
· Efficiencies in processes, people and technology
· Enhanced service delivery outcomes across Financial Services organisations- including Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Investment and Real Estate sectors
· Develop and enhance capability and skills across FS organisations
· Improve global competitiveness
· Support ethical and fair business practices
· Improve governance and accountability to Regulators
Therefore, making a very direct impact that matters on the 1,2bn people across Africa.
We are looking for an Industry Strategist to work with the Industry leader to develop and implement our strategies that achieve our purpose. At its core, this role is a strategic advisor to the industry community and assumes day-to-day responsibility for strategy implementation and key projects and tasks across the FS industry. The role is a real enabler to gaining a strong understanding of our business, and gives you the opportunity to work across the African firm and with global colleagues.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take a step up into a dynamic firm-wide position, this role could be for you.
Key Competencies required / Talent Standards Capabilities:
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
· Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
· Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
· Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· Knows the business and industry - Knows how member firm business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
· Manages to results - Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals
· Manages and executes projects - Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
· Solves problems - Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
· Manages quality and risk - Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
· Manages change and ambiguity - Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience Required
8 plus years’ working experience within the relevant function
Qualifications & Experience Preferred
Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.)
At least 2 year at manager level