Risk Advisory - Cyber Technology Risk - Specialist Opportunities for Cyber Security Professionals (across levels)
- Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our complex, disruptive, ever-more technology-reliant and interconnected world is leaving businesses more exposed than ever. Failure and exploitation, theft, fraud and abuse, are all knocking at the door, every minute of every day. And our visionary people are crafting new ways to keep them out; addressing the biggest issue facing organisations to.
Deloitte helps organisations prevent cyberattacks and protect valuable assets. We believe in being secure, vigilant, and resilient—not only by looking at how to prevent and respond to attacks, but at how to manage cyber risk in a way that allows you to unleash new opportunities. We help our clients to embed cyber risk at the start of strategy development for more effective management information and technology risks.
Our teams include:
· Cyber Strategy– We help executives develop a cyber risk program in line with the strategic objectives and risk appetite of the organisation.
· Secure– We focus on establishing effective controls around the organisation’s most sensitive assets and balancing the need to reduce risk, while enabling productivity, business growth, and cost optimisation objectives.
· Vigilant– We integrate threat data, IT data, and business data to equip security teams with context-rich intelligence to proactively detect and manage cyber threats and respond more effectively to cyber incidents.
· Resilient– We combine proven proactive and reactive incident management processes and technologies to rapidly adapt and respond to cyber disruptions whether from internal or external forces.
What impact will you make?
We are looking for energetic, intellectually curious cyber security professionals who are looking for their next challenge and who can contribute to the development of our team, lead teams of diverse individuals on client projects, work effectively across organisational and geographical boundaries and cultivate new and existing relationships with clients.
You will be joining Deloitte Africa’s Cyber and Technology Risk practice. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise. We provide our clients a full spectrum of services encompassing information security, cyber strategy, cyber resilience and vigilant to help our clients fix their issues and bring them real, sustainable benefits.
If you want to further develop your proven leadership and technical skills, work with a world class peer group and build relationships with some of the world’s biggest and most complex organisations to help them achieve their cyber goals, then please talk to us!
We are looking for experienced professionals at levels from Senior Consultant to Senior Manager based on knowledge and practical experience.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
We are open to discussing either permanent or contractual opportunities with you. Please indicate your preference for any contractual assignments in your application.
Main Purpose of Job
We are looking for experienced cyber security professionals at levels from Senior Consultant to Senior Manager based on knowledge and practical experience. You will be responsible for designing and implementing innovative cyber security solutions to help our clients mitigate their complex cyber risk!
We are recruiting a range of specialists to perform challenging and diverse work across all streams of our business from Cyber Strategy, Cyber Secure, SAP, Cyber Resilience and Vigilant.
As a specialist on our team, you will be responsible for advising clients on how to defend against complex cyber threat and reduce their exposure to cyber threats which target applications, hardware (OT/IOT) and enterprise assets. You will also be required to support our clients with identifying existing threats and demonstrate how they can be better enabled to make better cyber security decisions with relevant threat intelligence. Your expertise will contribute to helping our clients solidify their ability to detect and prevent threats (network, cloud, mobile and IoT)
· At Senior Consultant level, you will be responsible for technical delivery
· Manager / Senior Manager positions only:Manage and lead diverse teams on client engagements based on a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
· Manager / Senior Manager positions only:Assist in the development of more junior colleagues by acting as coaches and mentors.
· Senior Manager positions only: Leading a portfolio of cyber-related engagements across our business, including effective people management on client engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organisation and globe.
A combination of any of the following is required
· A high achiever academically, with the relevant Bachelor’s degree/postgraduate degree
· Between 4 – 10+years of related industry experience
· ICS/OT specific qualifications (e.g. GICSP) are advantageous
· Previous experience with Penetration testing / ethical hacking
· Infrastructure and Network Security
· Technical security implementation
· Security architecture
· Cyber strategy and transformation transformations
· SAP Authorizations and GRC (R/3 and/or S4 design, development, deployment)
· Security technologies (e.g. firewall rule set review, network segregation etc.)
· Security standards (e.g. IEC 62443, NIST 800-82, NCSC/CPNI SICS Framework etc.)
· Knowledge of Cloud-based security technologies (identity, access)
· Certification and knowledge of industry standard methodology is useful
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html