Internal Audit Senior Consultant
- Jan Jonker St, Windhoek, Namibia
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In Namibia, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting and Risk Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
As an Internal Audit Senior Consultant, your role will be to support the Engagement Manager to provide quality service to our clients. You will be required to stay up to date to provide value-adding recommendations to clients to improve on their business processes
- Support the Engagement Manager;
- Planning, performing and reviewing internal audit projects;
- Driving risk based planning;
- Interacting with client staff and management; obtaining their input and buy-in where necessary;
- Building and maintain relationships with clients;
- Performing control effectiveness testing;
- Performing control adequacy assessments & processing risk assessments;
- Drafting findings for internal audit reports;
- Maintaining quality and timeous delivery as per SLA;
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Identifying opportunities for follow-on work and work with management to win the business;
- Developing client proposals/ presentations / discussion documentation;
- Actively building business relationships that generate leads;
- Gathering information to understand broader offerings of Deloitte and seek opportunities for cross-selling; and
- Raising solutions to address issues in area of expertise that may enhance / renew service offerings to client.
- BCom Accounting Degree/ similar business related tertiary degree;
- Diploma in Internal Auditing; and
- Passed one or more of the Certified Internal Auditor Parts will be a distinct advantage.
- 3 years prior internal auditing / risk management experience is a distinct advantage;
- Working knowledge of internal audit standards and emerging development of business risk and controls transformation,
- Running audits, experience with group audits would be a distinct advantage;
Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
Report writing skills are critical; and
Holder of a valid Drivers Licence.