- FCT-Abuja, Abuja, Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About the role:
The Nigeria Power Sector Program (NPSP) is a 5-year USAID project that aims to support comprehensive reform within Nigeria’s power sector, addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access. Ideally, the project team will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- Supports the Program team in the successful implementation of all aspects of the Program’s Work Plan and achievement of the Program objective.
- Review and edit all major deliverables in various publication forms for readability, spelling, grammar, accuracy, punctuation, consistency, and logic
- Ensure all deliverables and work products are written according to USAID, Power Africa and NPSP writing guidelines
- Ensure the project’s public outreach and communications efforts are compliant with USAID requirements and rules and that USAID branding and marking standards and requirements are enforced
- Manage project deliverables – quarterly, monthly, annual reports with the highest standards of quality control
- Format all deliverables and work products according to USAID and NPSP marking and branding guidelines
- Re-write and reformat text for different publication forms (to include but not limited to PowerPoint, Word, email)
- Proofread print layouts and all public NPSP materials (e.g., one pagers, banners, signage)
- Review all graphs and tables within deliverables to ensure data is being properly represented and any supporting math is calculated correctly
- Manage the translation of documents, including ensuring formatting and context is maintained in translated documents
- Assist with transcribing meeting notes and handwritten notes from hard copy into electronic format
- Manage printing and making copies of documents; and manage proper finishing of documents (e.g., binding, lamination).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism, media studies or a related field with experience copy editing
- Computer expertise, familiarity with pagination and design software
- Creativity, detail oriented, deadline driven, meticulous proofreading, strong fact checking
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Understanding of how-to visualize / present data and learning for different uses and audiences
- Expertise in deriving insight and using knowledge from data collected and analyzed in decision making, planning, cross organizational and external activities
- Three (3) to Five (5) years in journalism or as professional writer/editor
- Experience with donor funded programs, USAID programs a plus
21What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application deadline: Friday, 21 June 2019