Audit & Assurance - Audit Adjencency - Senior Consultant
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent , La Lucia Ridge Office Estate, Umhlanga, Durban, Kwazulu - Natal, za
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly.
What you will do?
Project delivery and reporting to Manager.
Financial Statements Reviews
- Perform review of financial statements prepared by client from a technical point of view
- Ensure all relevant disclosures and requirements of the applicable standards are met
- Review financial statements to ensure compliance with TB and other supporting information from client
- Review financial statements for appropriate grammar, spelling, layout, consistency with prior year, etc.
- Complete all steps required on the review checklist from client
- Ability to assess the ‘as-is’ state of a Business Process
- Development of a risk control matrix;
- Process Narrative and flowchart design;
- Internal control design;
- Design effectiveness testing;
- Operating effectiveness testing; and
- Internal control gap analysis and development of recommendations for the client.
Meets all deadlines relating to internal processes i.e. e-learning requirements, expense claims, timesheets, etc.
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- In-depth Knowledge of IFRS and the interpretation thereof
- Past achievements which include Improving systems or operations
- Financial Statement reporting
- Excellent skills on the Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Controls or SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
Key Performance areas
- Strategic Impact
- Client Impact: External / Internal
- Operational Effectiveness
- Budgets / Profitability
- Development/Growth of Team
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
B Com Accounting degree
And/ or B Com Honours Internal Audit
3-5 years’ work experience
3- 5 years’ work experience
Knowledge of: financial accounting and internal controls or SOX experience.
Technical knowledge of IFRS and other relevant standards