- 27 Somerset Rd, Green Point, Cape Town, 8051, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Our Assurance services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function. Our services include:
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Institutions Services Team
- Capital Markets Team
- Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
Main Purpose of Job
Under minimal supervision, to carry out a number of different inter-related tasks which vary in nature and which impact directly on a team / business and to deliver effective services to the business.
We are looking for someone who will be able to fulfil the following requirements:
•Planning of audit groups
• Liaising with regional audit offices to maximise audit utilisation
• New Hires redistribution
• Liaise with co-ordinators to provide attendance for all learning courses at least 3 weeks before commencement of each course
• Updating of audit core hours on a monthly basis and ensure that all trainees meet the required hours over 3 years
• Ensure engagements are rolled forward on a timeous basis
• Ensure planning boards are up to date and accurate for at least a three-month period (forecast planning)
• Planning of audit trainees leave, study leave, learning interventions on Staff Track
• Resolution of audit planning conflicts on a timeous basis
• Approving all leave applications on SAP for Audit trainees
• Scheduling of rotation for Audit once a year
• Sign off on all 3rd years (core hours)
• SAP reports (Staff Trak vs SAP)
• Monthly staff reports
• Data capturing and queries
• Maintaining of own filing system
• Attendance at planning meetings as required
• Collecting Travel claims on a monthly basis for Audit.
• Ensuring that all travel claims are approved and reconciled against a SAP report
Quality of Work
• Attention to detail, correctness, completeness & prioritisation;
• Performing duties in time;
• Keeping individuals informed of activities;
• Commits to delivery timelines;
• Pro-actively seeking new ideas/methods to improve efficiencies;
• Perform duties with little or no supervision.
• Is clear, accurate & concise in verbal & written communication.
• Works creatively to find new or better practical ways to improve work processes
Continuing projects include other operational responsibilities involving the trainees. These include but are not limited to:
•Managing and maintaining the mentor/mentee list
•Compiling communications to trainees
•Managing welcoming first-years including allocating credenzas, distributing stationery, 3G cards and welcome packs, information booklets etc.
•Organizing and co-ordinating trainee functions such as APC lunch, ITC lunch etc.
•Planning the third-year retention fare
•Assisting trainees with their administration e.g. submitting expenses on SAP
Key Performance areas
- Independently delivers high level, function specific administrative services that impact on the strategic objectives of the team / service area / service line
- May supervise and/or delegate work to others but is not a main function of the role
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Independently performs high-level and/or function specific administrative tasks that impact effective service delivery by the team (internally or externally)
- Through the positive working relationships across the business and a deep understanding of the impact the administrative function delivers, introduces innovative improvements to processes that positively impacts the business requirements
- External contacts may include suppliers/client staff in order to provide information
- Understands the wider context and impact of own delivery against business requirements Assists team members as required
- Displays a high level of initiative when making decisions and judgements which require careful consideration of the broader implication on own team and/or one or two other teams in the business
- Identifies need for imparting own knowledge which will positively influence the performance of others and timely and quality delivery
- Provides management with updates on status of deliverables, generally working to deadlines of weeks to months
- Has a solid understanding of the risks within area of expertise and the impact on the team, and aligns with Deloitte policies and processes. Reviews outputs of junior staff to mitigate risk.
- Works to schedules and delivery times and adjusts focus dependent on the demands of the role.
Development/Growth of Team
- Gives effective development feedback both upwards and to peers on a regular basis
- Actively works to address identified development areas
Budgets / Profitability
- Effectively uses time, equipment and resources
- In-depth knowledge of work routines and processes
- Good skills in the processing of information
- Solid knowledge of programs relevant to the role
- Good understanding of business principles
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Participates actively in self-development
- Client delivery focus
- Problem solving ability
- Basic business acumen
- Desire to develop self
- Basic business acumen
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Performance Drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Strategic Direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Talent Development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
You would need to have the following qualifications:
- National Diploma in relevant function
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a similar role