Financial Advisory - Graduate Programme 2020
- 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Woodmead, 2128, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
About the Division:
Financial Advisory advises corporate, financial and private investors on a range of capital optimisation strategies with M&A advisory, infrastructure advisory, debt advisory, transaction services and valuations. We are a dynamic and technically excellent team, passionate about our clients and about developing market leading solutions and thought leadership. We are dedicated to building a stimulating learning environment that supports the ongoing personal development of each member of our team, including our partners.
About the Job:
The Financial Advisory Graduate Programme is a two year fixed term contract whereby you will be given the opportunity to rotate between Transaction Services, Valuations and Corporate Finance Advisory service areas. Your primary responsibility will be to support Managers and Senior Managers in serving the relevant engagements.
At the end of this Programme you will achieve the following competencies:
- A fully integrated and complementary skill set within the M&A and broader corporate finance service offering
- Ability to analyse large and complex datasets into meaningful insights and output (i.e. client ready reports, deliverables etc.,)
- Excellent client orientation and relationships
- Consistently meet minimum productivity and delivery targets
- Display the required knowledge in the respective service area (i.e. rotation)
If your mind is both analytical and creative you will thrive here. What we do goes way beyond financial advisory. Financial Advisory is all about finding the smartest solutions to the most complex challenges while creating tangible value add to our clients.
You would need to demonstrate the following Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office
- Advanced excel skills are an advantage
- Problem & Analytical skills
- Familiarity with using the Internet for data research
- Ability to multi-task
- Strategic thinking ability - ability to envision future
- Good organisational skills
You would need to demonstrate the following Behavioural Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present yourself in a competent and professional manner to the client at all times
- Conscientious approach to delivering results
- Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
- Ability to prioritise competing responsibilities
- Self-starter with excellent drive/ambition
- Demonstrate a broad approach to problem solving
- Ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines
- Show enthusiasm towards learning
- Attention to detail
- Develop a network within the broader firm, beyond Financial Advisory
- Analysing various sources of quantitative (AFS, management accounts etc.) and qualitative data (contracts, agreements etc.)
- Preparing robust and meaningful financial analysis
- Conducting industry research (peer company research etc.)
- Reviews of valuation models
- Assisting in creating basic financial models
- Preparation of client ready deliverables (concept papers, information memorandums and board packs etc.)
- Assisting professionals on client development and practice development assignments
- Liaising with teams to ensure buy-in into the project
- Reporting of progress of work to management and clients
- Communication with clients to understand needs and demands
- Management of deadlines and reporting
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- BSc or BCom Accounting (Non-CA) Honours Degree with Financial Accounting 2
- BCom Honours Financial Management, Investment Management
- BSc Financial Science
What we offer:
- Personal and professional development in a demanding and multidisciplinary environment.
- Solid continuous professional development in technical skills and knowledge and an excellent work environment.
- Integration in a professional team whose values include integrity and excellent value added for our clients.