Consulting - Institutional Systems Strengthening Senior Coordinator- S&O - USAID Lishe Endelevu Program
- Aris House, Plot 152 Haile Selassie Road, Oysterbay, Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for 2 suitably qualified individuals to join the USAID Lishe Endelevu Program in the position of Institutional Systems Strengthening Senior Coordinator in our Iringa and Dodoma offices.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well versed strategy and operations team uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities, thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organizations.
About the Program
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Improved Nutrition for Better Life Program in Tanzania “Lishe Endevelu Programme” is a four year (1 October 2018 -30 September 2022) programme supported by the American People through USAID. The programme is implemented in the regions of Morogoro, Dodoma, Iringa and Rukwa. This programme aims to intensify and integrate nutritional support to targeted regions to improve the nutritional status for women of reproductive age. The Programme also aims to work with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and local civil society organizations (CSOs) working at the district, facility, and community levels to improve nutrition related behaviors within households by promoting evidence-based nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive interventions,in line with the Government of Tanzania (GOT’s )National Multi-sectoral Nutrition Action Plan (NMNAP).Deloitte is implementing the program with Save the Children.
Main purpose of the job
The Institutional Systems Strengthening Senior Coordinator will implement capacity building initiatives leading to strengthened multi-sectoral coordination for improved nutrition at local government level to improve the nutritional status for women of reproductive age. This will include providing continuous mentorship and support to multi-sectoral committees at council, ward and village levels in implementation of Multi-sectoral Nutritional Action Plan (MNAP), working with District Nutritional Officers (DNuOs) to forge collaborations between Local Government Authorities (LGA) and private sector stakeholders and following up on implementation of action points from capacity building interventions (development of nutrition action plans, budgets and resource mobilization plans).
This position reports administratively to the Field Operations Director and technically to the Institutionional Strengthening Advisor.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies
- Implement and deliver approved capacity building strategies and capacity development plans aimed at strengthening multi-sectoral coordination for improved nutrition at the local government level;
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision to multi-sectoral committees at council and village levels to strengthen and sustain multi-sectoral coordination for nutrition;
- Collaborate with other Lishe Endelevu partners to cascade the National Multi-sectoral Nutritional Action Plan (NMNAP) targets at village and ward levels;
- Coordinate, plan, monitor and evaluate all capacity building interventions within the region;
- Follow up on the implementation of action points from capacity building interventions such as the development of nutrition action plans, budgets and resource mobilization plans;
- Provide monthly updates of ongoing district capacity building related activities to the Institutional Strengthening Advisor and contribute to the development of lessons learned and quarterly reports;
- Conduct mapping and continuously manage relationship of all nutritional stakeholders in the region; and
- Perform any other related duties as assigned time to time.
Qualifications and work experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Public Health or any other related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of relevant experience delivering capacity building programs, preferably in donor-funded programs;
- Demonstrated experience working with local government institutions;
- Experience working in nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Senior across our organization:
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across business and borders to deliver and takes accountabilityfor own and team results;
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities; and
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life;
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders;
- Strategic Direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To the successful candidate the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 1 September 2019