Consulting - Finance Transformaion - Senior Manager
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent, La Lucia Ridge Office Estate, Umhlanga, Durban, KwaZulu- Natal, za
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our clients compete.
Our global network of Strategy & Operations professionals draws on the strength of Deloitte’s full suite of professional services and industry experience to focus solutions on the real issues affecting businesses today.
Click here to read more about Deloitte Consulting.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support service / business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan through the effective management of team/s
Mastery of all Finance Transformation Storefront offerings
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our organisation:
Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte; align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
Key Performance areas:
- Implements the strategy within area of responsibility by conforming to plans set by leadership in all engagements / projects including:
- Revenue targets
- Talent management
- Communication to teams
- Tracking of plans in engagements / projects
- Grows market network with key players and builds long-term relationships
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Maintains high level oversight of client engagements / projects
- Forms appropriate judgements based on careful analysis to makes sound business decisions on engagements / projects
- Communicates detail of SLA’s to teams and maintains high level monitoring of adherence by all parties
- Manages engagement/project risk through supervision of completion of required documentation and processes as mandated by RIL, as well as risk to client confidentiality
- Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
Development/Growth of Team
Mentors and develops team members and counselees on an ongoing basis
Maintains own development and knowledge in specialised area
Demonstrates commitment to transformation agenda of the firm
Provides consistent recognition and encouragement to teams and leads by example
Budgets / Profitability
Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management
Oversees WIP on projects / engagements and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up
(May) negotiate pricing for engagements to ensure profitability whilst maintaining client interests
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience Required
CA(SA); MBA; Postgrad in Finance
8 years’ working experience
8 years in a client facing role; 3 of these in a management role