Future Opportunities Strategy & Operations: Strategy – Consultant/ Senior Consultant
- 20 Woodlands Dr, The Woodlands, Woodmead, 2128, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our clients compete.
Our global network of Strategy & Operations professionals draws on the strength of Deloitte’s full suite of professional services and industry experience to focus solutions on the real issues affecting businesses today.
Click here to read more about Deloitte Consulting.
This position supports the Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project. Hypothesis development - This would include Customer and market segmentation, Application of methods, Trends and forecasting capability, Problem solving, Analytical capability, Financial modelling, Storyboarding and Report writing.
Key Performance Area's
- Defines the Market - Ability to analyze the external environment and appreciate its importance in the formulation of an organization’s strategy
- Shapes the Strategy - Ability to help shape a client’s strategy by providing insights to help them create an advantaged position in the market
- Develops Sector and Offering Knowledge - Ability to build sector and market offering knowledge and apply it to influence a client’s strategic direction
- Strategic Impact - Supports the Senior Manager on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
- Budgets / Profitability - Maintains quality and timeous delivery as per SLA
- Solutioning - Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment and work independently
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
Cross Consulting / Core Professional Capabilities
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client’s business
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to select appropriate methods for collecting and analysing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Client Presence - Ability to deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instil confidence in clients
- Logical Structuring - Ability to organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Global Mind-set - Ability to apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving
- Technology Fluency - Ability to apply technical knowledge to address client business challenges
- Degree/Post Graduate Qualification:
- BSC Engineering (Mechanical, Process, Chemical) (Business Sciences
- Business Administration (MBA or equivalent)
- Economics (quantitative) / Statistics
- Minimum 5-8 years working experience in a consulting environment
- Significant experience in strategy-led work.
- Proven ability to create markets and develop client accounts.
- 3 years in a client facing role
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.