Consulting -Grants and Finance Internship - S&O - USAID Boresha Afya
- Aris House, Plot 152 Haile Selassie Road, Oysterbay, Dar es Salaam, tz
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda.Deloitte Tanzania has exciting opportunities for four (4) suitably qualified individuals to join our USAID Boresha Afya program in the position of Grants & Finance Interns in our Morogoro, Mtwara and Njombe offices. The Individuals should preferably be residing in these regions.
About the Program
The USAID Boresha Afya is a five year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) program supported by the American People through United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program is implemented by Deloitte Consulting Limited in 43 councils of Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma regions with its technical partners; Family Health International (FHI360), EngenderHealth and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating Family Planning (FP), Tuberculosis (TB), Maternal and Neo Natal Child Health (MNCH), Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
Grants and Finance Intern
The Grants & Finance Intern is responsible for providing support to Regional Grants and Finance Officers .
This position reports directly to Grants & Finance Officer and Grants Manager.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Review and ensure that sub grantees comply with supporting documents as per USAID rules and regulations before submission to the Grants & Finance Officer;
- Ensure that all accountabilities are updated and all activities are carried out in accordance to agreed budget of the signed contract;
- Monitor grantee advance and liquidation balances closely and ensure timely monthly liquidations;
- Review all payment requests to ensure that they meet the allowable, allocable and reasonable standards;
- Review financial reports from grantees and ensure compliance against program description and grants budget;
- Capture sub grantee accountabilities in the Grants Management System (GMS);
- Ensure sub grantees perform monthly reconciliation of their accounts (bank reconciliation statement, cashbook, etc.);
- Ensure that grant documentation is maintained according to Deloitte/ project standards and USAID policies so that they can be audited with minimal or less findings;
- Assist with proper filling of all correspondence with sub grantees especially on contractual, programmatic and financial changes;
- Ensure sub grantees are well informed of any changes that are made to their sub agreements;
- To assist S/RGO's in filling/documenting of grants and finance documents by photocopying ,scanning , and placing documents in proper files and labeling files (i.e. documents for statutory deductions ,PAYE, pension contributions ,time sheets, documents for CHWs allowances payment etc;
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage i.e. CPA, ACCA etc.;
- An average of upper second GPA or equivalent and above;
- Division One in A’ Level or equivalent;
- Division One in O’ Level or equivalent with minimum of ‘B’ scores in both Mathematics and English;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Report Writing and Analytical Skills;
- Organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written English;
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced computer skills i.e Advanced Excel, MS Word, Power point, etc.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society and make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Juniors across our organization:
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
Leadership /Behavioral Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Performance Driven - Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Talent Development - Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
To the successful candidates the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 28 April 2019