Data Engineer (Internship)
- 24 Rue de Calais, 75009 Paris, France
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service.
From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
We are looking for a Data Engineer Intern to join our Core team to reinforce our cloud migration project.
The Data Engineering team has a central role in the data processing at Deezer. Its main mission is to maintain the data infrastructure, the data ingestion, the data warehouse, and our in-house scheduler.
Your mission will be to focus on data pipeline job migration. We run thousands of jobs every day that power different data products internally and externally.
What you will do
- Assist to data pipeline job migration from on-premise Hadoop cluster to cloud platform and continuously improve the data pipeline performance
- Improve the data reliability by monitoring data set quality and providing alerts
- Participate in improving data users’ development experience both on-premise and cloud data platform
What we are looking for
- Academic knowledge or experience in one or more of the following: Python, Scala, SQL, and Hadoop ecosystem.
- Interest and ability to learn and use new tools, cloud-based platforms and programming languages.
- Team player and self-driven;
- Fluent in French or English;
- Good communication skills
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- One team day per week at COVID period and virtual Friday drinks
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars, and table football
- Online exercise classes: lunch-time yoga, pilates, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer.