Data Engineer - Core Team
- 24 Rue de Calais, 75009 Paris, France
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness. Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
How about you?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Core Data Team, which is responsible for the storage, processing, and exploration of all data collected at Deezer. We work on large scale distributed systems, processing terabytes of data each day, enabling data scientists and analysts to retrieve valuable information from historical and real-time data.
What you will do:
- Build and scale components to internal key activities such as log ingestion pipeline, job scheduling and ETL design/optimization
- Work on the migration of the whole Deezer Data Platform to cloud solutions
- Setup the best development practices for other data developers at Deezer
- Communicate the work of our team inside and outside Deezer
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience in software engineering and the Hadoop ecosystem or with Cloud Technologies
- Strong engineering skills (code design and quality, tests, reviews, logging, monitoring, continuous integration)
- Proficient in at least one programming language within Python, Scala and Java.
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organised
- Fluent in English and French
Life @ Deezer HQ:
> Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space
> Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily
> Friday drinks & seasonal parties
> Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes
> English and French language courses
> Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer