Machine Learning Engineer - Music Recommendation
- 12 Rue d'Athènes, 75009 Paris, France
Just Hack it!
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
We are looking for a smart and creative Machine Learning Engineer. With your expertise, you will bring new ideas to the team and improve our music recommendation services. Your role will be to to solve real world problems by applying machine learning technics. From the simplest heuristic rule to the most advanced state of the art model, you have only one goal: provide the best listening experience to our users.
What you will do:
- Build, scale and evolve our music recommendations services;
- Modelize a problem according to product manager requests or user feedbacks;
- Analyse huge data sets to extract the most relevant features;
- Train and evaluate machine learning models to recommend music;
- Deploy your models in production
What we are looking for:
- MS in Computer Science and at least 5 years of work experience or PhD in any quantitative field;
- Strong theoretical background in machine learning and relevant mathematical fields (clustering, classification, matrix factorization, bayesian inference, deep learning …)
- Release of machine learning models in a production environment is a great plus
- Experience in recommender system is a plus
- Fluent in at least one language in Python, Scala Java;
- Experience with analyzing large data sets using Hadoop/Spark is a plus;
- Must be self-directed and organized and team player;
- Fluent in English or French
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes