Artist Marketing Manager - Levant & Egypt
- Beirut or Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
How about you?
Position based in either Beirut or Cairo
The Artist Marketing Manager enables artists and labels to partner closely with Deezer in artist development. You will design and implement powerful marketing campaigns and maintain positive industry relationships.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years music industry work experience, including roles at a digital music platform, record label or music management company.
What you will do ?
- At a local market level, liaise with label/aggregator country representatives and artist managers to discuss upcoming releases and Artist Marketing campaigns.
- Evangelise about Deezer to labels, aggregators and artist management companies, explaining the product and Deezer’s reach.
- Identify the right local artist releases to run Artist Marketing campaigns that will maximise user engagement and streams as well as brand awareness for Deezer.
- Organise pitch process for playlisting and priority release schedule and communicate this to editorial team.
- Discuss suitability of releases with editorial team regarding playlisting and then negotiate with label and artist teams to secure artist support and involvement.
- Communicate regularly into the Global Artist Marketing team to ensure local/regional Artist Marketing activities are in line with the Global Artist Marketing strategy while also adjusting for local nuances where applicable.
- Ensure Deezer is included in all artist/label general links to music where other music streaming companies are listed.
- Plan and execute Deezer artist events and content and negotiate and confirm artist involvement and support.
- Track, analyse and optimise Artist Marketing campaigns while they are running and report on results post campaign.
- Monitor and understand music and artist trends in Deezer for the local market and communicate to the Global Artist Marketing team how artists/songs are performing in the local territory.
- Identify possible media partners in your territory who would be a complementary fit and who could amplify the Deezer message and widen the reach of a Deezer Artist Marketing campaign.
- Work closely with editorial, social media and comms teams on campaigns.
What we are looking for:
- Fluent Arabic speaker (written and verbal).
- Full proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- In-depth knowledge of key music genres in the region (Levant: Lebanon & Jordan, Egypt), latest artists, releases and music industry and music technology/streaming news and developments.
- Excellent negotiating and people skills with the ability to easily converse and negotiate with people across a variety of roles and key decision makers.
- Several years experience developing artist strategy and delivering frontline, artist-focussed marketing campaigns, for example within a record label, artist management company, digital streaming service, radio or TV company.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- A very strong network of music industry contacts that include artist managers, rights holders, booking agents, promoters in the MENA region.
- Good understanding of music industry supply chain processes and label and repertoire owner set up.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to interpret and apply data to inform artist marketing campaigns
Life @ Deezer
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.