Social Editor and Community Manager
- 17 Berghem Mews, Hammersmith, London W14, UK
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
The social global team in London is looking for a new member to join its ranks; we’re a team of storytellers and producers in love with music, culture and technology. Our mission is to tell the stories behind tracks, artists and creators who use music and podcasts to tell their vision of the world.
We’re keen to find someone who is passionate about discovering these stories and bring them in front of our audience. We have a unique perspective on content and we want to bring that to life through the stories and conversations we have with our community.
What you will do ?
- Collaborate with the social team to develop our editorial strategy and tone of voice for audiences across our social media channels and community platform.
- Ideate and create content with a strong point of view and energy. You’re an individual with ideas, stories and a strong sense of what’s happening now in culture we can elevate in our online community.
- Be bold, be courageous, be ‘on’ with what is happening in the world and experiment with formats, stories and topics. We love someone with a ‘hacker’ mentality.
- Take our brand-new Community advocacy program to the next level by growing our user communities.
- Manage the engagement in our Community on a daily basis; we’re looking for someone who can know their memes and emojis.
- Create and execute on a Community activation plan (short and long-term)
- Drive and evolve a unique and engaging Community strategy that makes Deezer stand out in the online world.
- Grow the Deezer Community by keeping our users engaged and entertained and encourage them to join the conversation, all in line with what our Company stands for.
- Identify and manage Community super-users.
- Work closely with our in-house Social Media and Customer Service team to ensure alignment between platforms.
- Track, analyse and report on the performance of our online community, identify and drive improvement opportunities.
- Create and execute online and offline events and experiences to drive our community of super fans..
What we are looking for:
- A deep understanding of social platforms, their users’ behaviours and expectations, how those can be leveraged and turned into attention-grabbing social stories/content.
- A storyteller. A creator. With great knowledge of how social and communities work, how to make great content to get their attention and start conversations.
- A proven record of great social content writing and community manager; 3-5 years of experience in a similar role (background on content creation in the social space; experience in journalism is a plus but not a must). You need to know the difference between ‘were’ and ‘we’re’ ;)
- Great storytelling skills on any social platforms or medium.
- A really nice person who is not afraid to speak up for what is right in the world. We are a team and a company respectful of the diverse cultures and communities our employees and consumers belong to.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment open to collaborating with teams across the world (you’ll be based in London with a part of the social team, the rest of the team is in Paris, Miami and Berlin - we’re all over but we do chat a lot together).
- Deep understanding of different cultures and the internet, with a 6th sense for what could be the next talked about things and how to make those relevant for the Deezer community.
- An individual with an understanding of social marketing and analytics, someone who applies an insight-led approach to content testing and optimisation.
- Native English speaker would be a plus.
Life @ Deezer HQ
> Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space
> Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily
> Friday drinks & seasonal parties
> Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes
> English and French language courses
> Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer