Lead Data Engineer - Core Team
- 12 Rue d'Athènes, 75009 Paris, France
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
Join the Core Team and be the one shaping the future of Deezer! Our mission is to enable technical teams to easily and quickly create the best Deezer experience by providing high quality environments, components, infrastructure and monitoring.
As the Data Engineering Leader you will
- Lead a talented team of Data engineers to achieve ambitious objectives
- Ensure the quality of our code and the scalability of our architecture
- Work on the migration of the whole Deezer Data Platform
- Solve complex problems with smart solutions
- Inspire and help grow talents in your team
Within the Core team, you will:
- Interact closely with Product Managers to understand the product requirements and business needs.
- Work in collaboration with other Engineers on cross-stack projects.
- Work on a consistent long term strategy for Deezer technical platform
Within the Tech team, you will:
- Work in collaboration with Data Leads from other teams
- Interact with the members of your Community Of Practice (submitting ideas and sharing experiences is greatly encouraged).
- Deal with code that broke and has to be hot fixed quickly!
- Handle scope change and last-minute-highly-urgent requests (that we know should never happen again).
To be successful in this mission, you will need the following:
- At least 5 years experience as DevOps/Hadoop Sysadmin.
- A concrete experience with public cloud deployments, containers, and cloud related data services
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization
- Proficient in at least one programming language within Python. Other languages such as Scala, Java will be greatly appreciated.
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized.
- Fluent in English and French.
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space
- Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily
- Friday drinks & seasonal parties
- Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes
- English and French language courses
- Hackathons & meetups