Data Scientist / Engineer
- Rue d'Athènes, 75009 Paris, France
Believe in better.
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We believe in better product, better speed and better people.
How about you?
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science team and help further develop Deezer’s data-driven mindset.
We are part of the BI and Data Analytics team, which mission is to find the correct levers within the product to further drive Deezer’s growth. Through our analysis and predictions tools, we ensure Deezer is fitting our users’ needs.
As a Data Scientist, you will use machine learning & statistics, working on various subjects such as user inactivity detection to financial forecasting through fraud detection, turning hundreds of terabytes of data into insights and predictions.
What you will do:
- Be part of our data warehouse project, making data available to everyone at Deezer.
- Work closely with Tech, Product, Finance, Marketing… translating their needs into data projects, evangelize them on our methodology and follow-up on the delivered projects.
- Dig into our mountains of data (Hadoop Cluster: Hive/Spark,Python…) finding the needle in the haystack.
- Be one of our tech ambassadors: write functional and optimized codes (Spark/Scala, Python), help team members do the same, do technological watch, challenge our production pipeline and contribute to the test process.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience of data science or computer science, with a degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or any quantitative discipline.
- Mathematical/machine learning background with the ability to understand & implement distributed algorithms.
- You already deployed machine learning modelling in production and were comfortable with the entire pipeline.
- Proficient with one or more of the following: Scala/Spark, Python. (Experience of functional code is not essential, but definitely a plus!)
- Affinity for business, product and user experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate data analyses results to end users.
- Interest in technology watch.
- Experience in Agile Processes, Test Driven Development and Framework design would be a plus.
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up environment and philosophy.
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- Hackathons & meetups.
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties.
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks.
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football.
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces.
- Gym access at Deezer HQ, with lunch-time yoga, Pilates and boxing classes.
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.