Senior Software Engineer-Data
- Rue d'Athènes, 75009 Paris, France
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
How about you?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Science team and help further develop Deezer’s data-driven mindset.
We are part of the BI and Data Analytics team, whose mission is to find the correct levers within the product to further drive Deezer’s growth. Through our analysis and predictions tools, we ensure Deezer is fitting our users’ needs.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Data Science team, you will be responsible for the engineering and implementation of scalable technical solutions around data science production. This solution will have significant impact to Deezer’s results in areas of fraud detection, churn, inactivty & conversion.
What you will do:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business & product and their requirements to develop solutions to insure the fully adoption of our prediction modelling (visualisation, alerting, API).
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines between our Data science team & product, CRM and other relevant systems.
- Help our Data Scientists implement and maintain those ML pipelines & data architecture related, supervise the GCP migration and deployment of real time modelling.
- Improve and build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt.
- Propose best technologies for data processing and data framework, test regularly new technologies that may ease team work (Skein, Meta Flow).
- Mentor Data Scientists on their Engineering skills ; Drive enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies ; Ensure that the pipeline is fully tested.
- Participate in story planning, standups and retrospectives.
- Produce documentation and tutorials that enable other teams to use easily our pipeline.
- Pro-active communication to users and management on issues.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience of software engineering/data engineering, with a degree in computer science.
- Experience in micro services architecture
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, REST API.
- Fluent in at least one language in Python, Scala Java;
- Experience of functional code.
- Experience in designing, building and launching efficient & reliable data pipelines is preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive, Spark, Cassandra and data warehouse technologies is preferred.
- Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems.
- Experience in Agile Processes, Test Driven Development and Framework design.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to clearly communicate data analyses results to end users.
- Bonus Points.
- Building and launching new data models that provide intuitive analytics for the analysts and customers.
- Mathematical/machine learning background with the ability to understand & implement distributed algorithms.
Life @ Deezer HQ
- Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space
- Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily
- Friday drinks & seasonal parties
- Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes
- English and French language courses
- Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer