- 600 University Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As a Systems Administrator, you are responsible for supporting Daxko’s internal systems and users. To be successful in this role, you should have experience explaining complex solutions to intricate problems and will thrive on helping people reach their goals. We're looking for team-focused, highly motivated professionals with backgrounds in IT.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Manager, IT Operations.
*NOTE: this position will work out of our Birmingham, AL office.
You will also:
- Troubleshoot computer hardware and software issues
- Install hardware and software
- Set up A/V (audio/visual) for various meetings
- Update ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed
- Handle printer break/fix issues
- Research pricing information and purchasing for team member IT needs
- Interface directly with internal customers with a professional and positive demeanor
- 3-5 years of experience managing IT projects, systems and end users
- Prior administration of the following:
- Office 365, Dropbox, AWS, and/or other cloud-based systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows (end user and server)
- Linux (server)
- VMWare Virtual Infrastructure, vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, XenServer, etc.
- Cisco, Dell, HP and/or other networking technology including wireless networking
- Some VoIP phone systems experience
- Storage experience with SAN, NAS, backup and recovery, etc.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic, autonomous environment
- Ability to manage third party vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing hardware and software purchases
- Ability to work constructively with the different personalities of the Daxko team
Bonus Points for:
- Scripting language such as PowerShell, Python, PERL, Ruby, etc. a plus
- Technical degree is a plus but not required
- Scripting, configuration management and automation
- Experience working with Terraform, Chef, Ansible,
- Experience with containerization including Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.