Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
- 600 University Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Daxko’s mission is to power health and wellness throughout the world. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.
Daxko’s Site Reliability Engineer is a role for the motivated coder/hacker/engineer that wants to solve problems at the root cause, in an elegant and sustainable way. You'll be an instrumental part of our TechOps team which exists to build and support the foundational tools that our product teams use to build products our customers love and trust. We care deeply about our delivery pipeline being simple, reliable, consistent and fast. You'll be successful in this role if you have a deep love for automation, building scalable systems, embracing new technologies and sharing with teammates.
**Candidates may work on-campus in Birmingham, Chicago, or Highlands Ranch; or remotely within the U.S.
- Support all Daxko software offerings and integrated third party tools
- Provide consultation to developers, engineers and analysts on best DevOps practices and methodologies of continuous delivery.
- Collaborate on cases escalated to TechOps Support and build long-term solutions for recurring cases with automatable solutions.
- Identify and resolve technical debt items that, if resolved, could make other engineers more efficient.
- Coordinate with agile development teams, DBAs, implementation, and support to ensure the production environment is healthy and stable
- Identifying repetitive tasks and automating them (spinning up new environments, deployments, etc)
- Working with core components such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Making it painless for product teams to develop, test, deploy and monitor by providing clear, documented frameworks around our operational systems
- Executing our disaster recovery plan; ensuring it is up-to-date and thoroughly tested
- Mentoring team members as a subject-matter expert
- Monitoring system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
- Troubleshoot system jobs and services that fail and work with core development teams as needed to ensure operational stability and efficiency
- Strong AWS skills, certification(s) preferable but not required.
- 4+ years of work experience in an IT or software development role
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Competent understanding of Linux, networking, and Internet principles
- Experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Developing/scripting experience (Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Perl) - the results you deliver are more important than the language you use
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure while supporting multiple initiatives
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, Docker, Azure, AWS)
- Understanding of internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
- Experience with Open Source Monitoring Technologies (Logstash, Sensu, Graphite, Geckoboard, etc.)
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Jira, etc.)
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.