- 200 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Daxko’s mission is to power health and wellness throughout the world. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.
The role of Data Scientist is a specialized role at Daxko and works directly with the Data Warehouse team. The role requires the person to be able to find and interpret rich data sources, manage large amounts of data despite hardware, software, and bandwidth constraints.
The role also requires the merging of data sources together, ensuring consistency of data-sets, and creating visualizations to aid with understanding data. It is important for the Data Scientist to present and communicate the data insights/findings to specialists and scientists in their team and if required to a non-expert audience.
The goal is generalizable extraction of knowledge from data. The subject is not restricted to only big data. The role also involves the use of Machine Learning, a branch of Artificial Intelligence, which is used to uncover patterns from data and develop practical and usable predictive models.
- Create and maintain predictive models
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Collect data from all kinds of different sources, from web APIs, to internal databases encoded in SQL
- Research data issues
- Use algorithms and programming to efficiently go through large datasets and apply treatments, filters and conditions to data
- Interpret large amounts of data and ensure consistency
- Create meaningful data visualizations that communicate your findings and relate them back to how your insights create business impact
- Communicate findings with team members and non-experts effectively
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical peers
- Passionate about Math
- An out of the box thinker
- Must be driven and a self-starter
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.