TechOps Systems Engineer
- 200 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Zen Planner serves over 7,000 businesses in the boutique fitness, yoga, martial arts and affiliate gym space, providing business owners everything needed to run a successful gym, school or studio. Zen Planner was acquired by Daxko in 2017 and our best-in-class software is backed by team of nearly 100 likeminded fitness fanatics, outdoors enthusiasts and techies. Zen Planner has received several recognitions for its incredible culture, including Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work five years in a row, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, to name a few.
Zen Planner’s TechOps Systems Engineer is a role for the adventurous engineer that loves and understands the core technologies that make the internet tick. You’ll be instrumental on the TechOps team in helping to maintain compliance, enforcing security, working with vendors, and troubleshooting core technology issues across multiple environments and operating systems. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure a secure, responsive, and operational infrastructure for both our in-house focused applications and our customer-facing applications.
You'll also be responsible for...
- Supporting all Daxko (Zen Planner parent company) software offerings and integrated third-party tools
- Helping resolve tickets escalated from support
- Tooling (github, JIRA, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Graphite, ELK, Docker, internal tools)
- Supporting all shared Infrastructure (hosting vendors, load balancers, firewalls, certificates, etc)
- Monitoring system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
- Executing our disaster recovery plan; ensuring it is up-to-date and thoroughly tested
- Identifying repetitive tasks and automating them (spinning up new environments, deployments, etc)
- Building and maintaining capacity plans to identify areas that need improvement or growth
- Managing Active Directory, Group Policy, Network and System Security, and ensuring systems and services are meeting expected Compliance requirements.
- Ensuring a stable and responsive system from the server and network perspective
- Ensuring jobs and services have the necessary resources needed to operate and that they are running as expected.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies (AD, GPO, IIS, etc)
- Experience with Linux (Redhat/CentOS)
- Experience with internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
- Experience with core network components and technologies (VPNs, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization tools and technologies (VMWare, Azure, AWS, etc)
- Experience managing and creating alerts/checks in monitoring systems
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree - technical discipline preferred; OR equivalent experience
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
Extra credit for...
- Experience with Monitoring Technologies (New Relic, Logic Monitor, Rapid7, Logstash, Sensu, Graphite, etc.)
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue-tracking systems (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
- Experience with middleware configuration and optimization (IIS/tomcat)
The Daxko Nation includes many distinct brands: Daxko, CSI Spectrum, Club Automation, AAC, SugarWOD, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities, and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation for providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.