- 2275 Half Day Rd, Bannockburn, IL 60015, USA
Club Automation offers industry-leading health club software to over 500 locations of various shapes and sizes that service over 1 million active members. We focus on delivering best-in-class software that is coupled with the best training and support in the industry to help our customers grow their businesses and delight their members.
Do you code in your dreams at night? Are you a zealous student of both the art and science of creating software? Do you love to bring out the technology passions of your teammates in order to collectively bring compelling product to life? Do you enjoy being a go-to-person, who helps lead their team to victory?
If you’re ready to be challenged to take these amazing skills to the next level, then Club Automation is the place for you.
As a software engineer at Club Automation, you will help drive Club Automation’s quality software solutions in collaboration with other engineers while providing guidance to Jr Engineers.
Who we are looking for...
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and ensure that you see things through.
- You possess strong problem solving and engineering abilities.
- You show a strong willingness, desire to learn and acquire new skills.
- You are self-driven. You're prepared to work hard, but also pause to celebrate inevitable victories
- You embrace collaboration as a “no ego” team member and do not let your experience stop you from providing input. Your input matters!
- You crave for feedback to continuously improve and take action on it when provided.
- You are a good communicator.
- You will become a member of a truly self-organizing Agile team, participating in all activities from ideation to delivery.
- You provide support on troubleshooting production systems when issues are escalated with a commitment to excellent customer service.
- You revel in making end-users’ lives better with the software the team produces.
- You will participate in team/peer reviews regarding architecture, designs, and code to drive engineering practices and consistency.
- You help deliver as a team, verifying that completed user stories meet business expectations and are backed by automated regression tests.
- You will contribute to the ongoing improvement of our development processes, architecture, and tools.
- You work closely with Test Engineering and Technical Operations on continuous delivery progression.
What skills and experience is required...
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- 2+ years of progressive software development experience.
- Strong experience with PHP or other object-oriented languages
- Experience with relational databases such as Amazon Aurora, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 or MS SQL
- A solid understanding of common design patterns
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Practical exposure and/or experience with building and integrating with RESTful API’s
- Good communication skills.
A plus if you have
- Exposure to Zend Framework
- Experience building applications in the cloud with AWS or Azure
- Experience creating applications with front-end frameworks such as React or Angular
- Experience working with and mentoring offshore teams
- Worked on teams practicing agile development methodologies
- Worked on customer facing SASS solutions with scaling considerations
The Daxko Nation includes five distinct brands: Daxko, Club Automation, CSI Spectrum, Zen Planner., and AAC. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.