Senior DevOps Engineer
- 9325 Dorchester St, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129, USA
Zen Planner is a fast-moving technology company based in Highlands Ranch, CO. We provide an all-in-one software for fitness businesses that includes membership management, scheduling, integrated payment processing, email and website templates, that enables our customers grow and nurture their business.
Do the efficiencies of auto-scaled infrastructure in AWS public cloud cause your heart to leap with joy? Have you embraced the modern era of continuous release like a welcomed new friend? Are you a zealot for self-monitored systems that provide customer service well beyond expectations?
If you’re ready to be challenged to take these amazing skills to the next level, then Zen Planner is the place for you.
• Support all Daxko software offerings and integrated third party tools
• Collaborate on cases escalated to TechOps Support and build long-term solutions for recurring cases with automatable solutions.
• Identify and resolve technical debt items that, if resolved, could make other engineers more efficient.
• Coordinate with agile development teams, DBAs, implementation, and support to ensure the production environment is healthy and stable
• Identifying repetitive tasks and automating them (spinning up new environments, deployments, etc)
• Building, supporting and administering all aspects of Daxko's continuous product delivery pipeline
• Working with core components such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
• Making it painless for product teams to develop, test, deploy and monitor by providing clear, documented frameworks around our operational systems
• Executing our disaster recovery plan; ensuring it is up-to-date and thoroughly tested
• Mentoring team members as a subject-matter expert
• Monitoring system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
• Troubleshoot system jobs and services that fail and work with core development teams as needed to ensure operational stability and efficiency.
• Experience with security compliance (HIPPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, SOC 2)
• 7+ years of work experience in an IT or software development role
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Advanced understanding of Linux, networking, and Internet principles
• Extensive experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
• Developing/scripting experience (Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Perl) - the results you deliver are more important than the language you use
• Fantastic attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
• Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
• Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, Docker, Azure, AWS)
• Understanding of internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
• Experience with Open Source Monitoring Technologies (Logstash, Sensu, Graphite, Geckoboard, etc.)
• Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Jira, etc.)
• Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
• Experience developing or supporting C# or Java applications
• Bonus Experience with Containers and Orchastration (Docker, K8s, EKS, AKS)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.