Principal DevOps Engineer
- 600 University Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Daxko’s Principal DevOps Engineer is a role for the motivated coder/hacker/engineer that wants to solve problems at the root cause, in an elegant and sustainable way. You'll be an instrumental part of our TechOps team which exists to build and support the foundational tools that our product teams use to build products our customers love and trust. We care deeply about our delivery pipeline being simple, reliable, consistent and fast. You'll be successful in this role if you have a deep love for automation, building scalable systems, embracing new technologies and sharing with teammates.
You'll also be responsible for...
- Supporting all Daxko software offerings and integrated third-party tools
- Identifying and resolving technical debt items that, if resolved, could make other engineers more efficient.
- Coordinating with agile development teams, DBAs, implementation, and support to ensure the production environment is healthy and stable
- Identifying repetitive tasks and automating them (spinning up new environments, deployments, etc)
- Building, supporting and administering all aspects of Daxko's continuous product delivery pipeline
- Working with core components such as load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Making it painless for product teams to develop, test, deploy and monitor by providing clear, documented frameworks around our operational systems
- Mentoring team members as a subject-matter expert
- Developing best practices and establishing standardizations across the Daxko Technical Group
- Monitoring system activity 24x7 as part of an on-call rotation
- Troubleshooting system jobs and services that fail and work with core development teams as needed to ensure operational stability and efficiency.
- 10+ years of work experience in an IT or software development role
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Advanced understanding of Linux, networking, and Internet principles
- Extensive experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
- Developing/scripting experience (Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Perl) - the results you deliver are more important than the language you use
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
Extra credit for...
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies (VMWare, Docker, Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Tooling (git, JIRA, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Rancher )
- Understanding of internet technologies (DNS, SNMP, HTTP, TCP/IP, CDNs)
- Experience with Monitoring Technologies, creating custom checks, and managing alert profiles and escalation policies.
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
- Experience developing or supporting applications
- Experience leading, mentoring and teaching fellow team members
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell
The Daxko Nation includes many distinct brands: Daxko, CSI Spectrum, Club Automation, AAC, SugarWOD, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities, and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation for providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.