Technical Operations Manager
- 2275 Half Day Rd, Bannockburn, IL 60015, USA
As Club Automation's Technical Operations Manager, you will lead and coordinate the team responsible for our for our cutting edge software solution. You’ll be responsible for translating Technical Operations (TechOps) strategy into tactical priorities and daily operations. The Manager assesses operational capabilities and performance to ensure the on-time delivery of quality products and services to all customers, both internal and external.
We’ll want you to…
- Oversee progress in achieving operational/production goals and objectives, especially with respect to quality, cost and customer service.
- Take the responsibility for uptime, data accuracy, and integrity.
- Ensure operations are in full compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Provide key leadership and management for the TechOps team members reporting to you
- Build and sustain a culture of collaboration and teamwork to maintain a flow of information between TechOps and other Daxko Teams.
- Be a technical escalation point for your team.
- Provide weekly reports on system availability, response, and capacity.
You should have…
- Knowledge in technologies like:
- MySQL / Aurora
- Web Servers (NGiNX / PHP)
- Active Directory
- Virtualization Technologies (VMWare)
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Containerization Systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Event Stream Systems (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Bachelor’s degree - technical discipline preferred; OR equivalent experience
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Experience working with a large budget
You’re ahead of the curve if you also have…
- Experience with AWS Aurora and/or Aurora Serverless
- Experience with Monitoring Technologies, creating custom checks, and managing alert profiles and escalation policies.
- Experience with Tooling (git, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Elastic Search, Kubernetes, Rancher )
- Scripting experience with the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash, Powershell
- Experience working tickets and managing priorities within issue tracking systems (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, etc)
- Experience developing or supporting php or node applications
- Experience leading and managing developers or technology engineers
- Experience in automating repetitive tasks
The Daxko Nation includes many distinct brands: Daxko, CSI Spectrum, Club Automation, AAC, SugarWOD, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities, and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation for providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.