Senior Software Engineer
- 200 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Club Automation is a leading cloud-based software provider that helps the health and athletic industry to manage their clubs more efficiently.
Do you code in your dreams at night? Are you a zealous student of both the art and science of creating software? Do you love to bring out the technology passions of your teammates in order to collectively bring compelling product to life? Do you enjoy being a go-to-person, who helps lead their team to victory?
If you’re ready to be challenged to take these amazing skills to the next level, then Club Automation is the place for you.
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing in this role:
- Developing high quality applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Helping define the technical architecture of the product
- Developing clean, reusable, well-structured and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Developing elegant, responsive, high-performance, cross-platform solutions
- Developing, debugging, and modifying components of software applications and tools
- Writing automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Supporting and troubleshooting data and/or system issues as needed
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Participating in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Working with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data driven approach.
- Contributing to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentoring junior team members
- Anticipating and preventing problems and roadblocks before they occur, and presenting technical issues and their impact to leadership
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Programming, PHP or .NET preferred
- Understanding of AWS
- Exposure to Amazon Aurora, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, or MS SQL
- Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks
- Practical exposure and/or experience with building and integrating with RESTful API’s.
- Strong logical thinking skills
A plus if you have experience with some of these
- Exposure to Zend Framework
- Mobile Development
- Design and Development Methodologies (e.g. DDD, TDD, and BDD)
- REST Web Services
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.