Senior UI Engineer
- 600 University Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35209, USA
Do you code in your dreams at night? Are you a zealous student of both the art and science of creating software? Do you love to bring out the technology passions of your teammates in order to collectively bring compelling products to life?
As a Senior UI Engineer at Daxko, you'll be part of a feature development team working on a new application for our suite of products.
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing on this role at Daxko/Club Automation...
- Develop high quality applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Help define the technical architecture of the product
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Actively participate in code and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data driven approach.
- Contributes to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentors junior team members
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur, and presents technical issues and their impact to leadership
Here is what you need to have...
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Experience building mobile first, responsive websites
- Strong understanding of browser limitations/features
- Node.js, NPM, or yarn experience
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with building and integrating with RESTful API’s
- Experience writing unit, automated and integration tests
- Passion towards Front End Development
A plus if you have experience with some of these
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with ExpressJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with AWS Services (EC2, S3, ELB, Cloud Front,
- Cloudwatch, Lambda, Kinesis)
- Experience with PHP
- Mobile Development
- Design and Development Methodologies (e.g. DDD, TDD,
- and BDD)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Daxko Nation includes three distinct brands: Daxko, Club Automation, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation of providing “career defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine