Development Coordinator - Maternity Leave Coverage
- 2211 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join the country’s most trusted environmental organization and become a force for good!
About the David Suzuki Foundation
Always grounded in sound evidence, the David Suzuki Foundation empowers people to take action in their communities on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Through evidence-based research, policy analysis, education and citizen empowerment, we conserve and protect the natural environment to create a sustainable Canada.
Our mission is to protect nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future. Our vision is that we all act every day on the understanding that we are One with Nature. #OneNature
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with different abilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Position title: Development Coordinator - Maternity Leave
Terms: Full-time (34 hours/ 4-day work week), maternity leave coverage from February 2021 to October 2021
Location: Based at our Vancouver office. Remote during Covid-times.
Reporting: Development Manager, Community Giving
Salary: $41,000-$46,000 based on experience
- Are you a talented Development Coordinator looking for that next challenge working with an exceptional team of dedicated professionals?
- Are you passionate about saving the planet and want to put your expert skills toward a good cause?
- Would you like to be part of a great organization that has a strong commitment to support protecting nature’s diversity and the well-being of all life, now and for the future?
About the role:
We are currently looking for an exceptional development person to join our wonderful Community Giving team for a one year maternity leave based at our DSF Vancouver Headquarters in Kitsilano.
In this role, you play an integral role in the success of the Foundation’s fundraising and donor stewardship programs. You are primarily responsible for gift processing and data entry duties and one day a week of frontline donor support. You have excellent computer skills and enjoy accurate and detail-oriented work.
You’re a customer service expert who takes pride in providing that exceptional customer and donor experience. You thrive as an engaged and effective team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills. You love your work in fund-raising and stewardship and thrive in a fast-paced stimulating environment.
Data entry and gift processing:
- You ensure timely and accurate donation processing through various data import processes and manual data entry.
- Facilitate updates to database and donor relations processes to support the entire Development team.
- Create and execute queries, exports and reports to support fundraising and stewardship activities.
- Research and implement data process improvements, perform data cleanup and database maintenance projects.
- Act as back-up support for other donor relations team activities during peak campaign times
- Support the Development team with other duties, as required
- You respond to incoming donor phone calls and emails one day per week, and as needed during busy times.
- You update donor records and respond to various donor inquiries.
- One year data entry experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- One year experience delivering exceptional service to donors or customers.
- Demonstrated competence with Raiser’s Edge or other customer relationship management system including experience creating and running queries, imports, exports and reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Knowledge of CRA charitable tax receipting rules an asset.
What you bring to the role:
- You have an exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a dynamic team setting and in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with proven ability to be resourceful and creative.
- Strong interest in fundraising and passion for delivering a positive experience to donors.
- Excellent English language skills required; French language skills are an asset.
- Strong values aligned with DSF’s mission, demonstrated through work or community service.
What you get:
- Being part of a team of superstars.
- Generous benefit package.
- 4-day work week.
- Amazing work culture with smart colleagues that care.
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online and submit your application by going to https://davidsuzuki.org/careers/
The position will stay open until it is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, First Nations, Inuit and Métis candidates, members of minorities and persons with different abilities to apply.